How we met

"Mumma, Mumma, please tell us that story" pleaded Ayesha, her and Neil's 5 year old daughter. "Haan Mumma, we want to hear that story again", asked Neilansh, their 8 year old son. Avni who was consoling her 3 month old daughter Jhanak, beckoned her two kids to sit by her. "Areh mere bachas, I have told you this story many times. Why do you want to hear it again?". "Because mumma, it is the story of how you and papa met and I am always curious on how you fell in love", replied Neilansh. "Love my child is something special. It's different than from what we expect it to be. Me and your dad didn't expect to fall in love. It just happened on its own. In fact it has been said that you can't control the one you fall in love with. I think Love is a part of destiny and the way that I met your father was also destined."       "Woh toh theek hai but how did you meet?" exclaimed Ayesha, eagerly. "Beta, we met in college. I remember the day like it was yesterday.
Flashback
It was the year 2001 and Neil just arrived at college. He was parking his car when something hit his car. He looked up to see a woman getting out of the car that hit his car and for some reason couldn't get her eyes off of her. She had the most beautiful ebony eyes with a twinkle of purple shown and a little flecks Of sparkle. "Oh wow, she's beautiful", thought Neil. He was broken out of his reverie with a harsh voice. "Oh hello, where are you lost?" exclaimed the girl. Neil shook his head, "Oh sorry". " If you can't drive properly then why drive huh?". "Oh hello, myself Avni Mehta can drive. You are the one who bumped their car into me. First make a mistake then won't accept it.". "Excuse me, but you are the first to make a mistake. You didn't park in the lines", the girl pointed and as much as Neil wanted to correct her, she was right as he indeed didn't park correctly. "I'm sorry ", and with that the girl just huffed and left. "Arreh, what a weird girl. She first didn't apologize for crashing the car and then left rudely. What an ajooba", he thought and left.
The next few days went on like that with Avni and Neil avoiding each other as much as they can except when it came to one day. Neil and Avni and a another boy was working late at college. Neil was getting out of the library when he heard voices coming from a class room. He went to the classroom and became shocked at what he saw. In the classroom, Avni was being harassed by the boy. "Listen, if you'd don't do what I want you to do then I'll harm your little brother" the boy said, grabbing her wrist harshly and roughly. The girl was crying. "Please, Please don't do this. My little brother is my only family along with my mom. Please I will do anything but just don't harm him", she cries folding her hands. Seeing this, made Neil's heart break in pieces. For some reason he couldn't see her like that, he was about to enter when the boy said something. "Fine, sleep with me!", the boy smirked. Avni grew shocked. "Kya? What do you mean by this huh?". "Oh come on baby, if your mother has done this than you can do." Hearing about her mother made Avni furious and she then slapped the boy. "How dare you insult my mother. Who the hell are you to do this huh?". The boy grew furious while rage grew in his body."Who are you to slap me, you little bitch", and with that he was about to slap her but then was stopped by a strong hand. Neil then beat up the boy and got him arrested. He then started to comfort Avni who was trembling. He gave her a hug, which she reciprocated. She then told him about her past as she and her brother were illegitimate children and her mother died to a accident and her step mother raised her. Neil then understood why she was acting rude towards him. She felt all men were the same which is why she never trusted them. They then became friends throughout college and started spending time together. Neil started to fall in love with Avni but wasn't sure of how Avni felt. Avni felt in love with Neil as well and decided to propose to him.

Year was 2005 and the date was June 25.  Avni called Neil urgently to the beach and told him it was a emergency. Neil rushed to the beach only to see a romantics setting set up with a candlelight dinner. He turned around and saw his Avni in a gorgeous peach gown and was standing on a stage. She held a mike and started speaking " I never knew if I could ever fall in love after seeing the past but now I can't fall out of it. Yes you dumbo Neil Khanna, I love you and I always will. You taught me the meaning of love and everyday that I talk to you or every conversation brings me happiness and immense joy. Neil Khanna, will you marry me?". Neil accepted and brought her in his arms. "Yes Pagli,  I will marry you" and then the two shared a passionate kiss.

Year 2006, July 9th
It was the day that I got married to Neil. Beat day ever. Neil couldn't get his eyes off Avni. She was looking mesmerizing in a red saree and a beautiful veil. She was wearing elegant jewelry and most importantly she was wearing her smile. The marriage went smoothly and ended with Neil carrying her in his arms towards their room. In their room, Neil opened his Kurta and slowly removed her jewelry, kissing her tenderly. Now we can guess what happened next

"Now that's how we met", Avni explained. "Wow, mumma what a beautiful story" said Ayesha. "Indeed it is" said a voice. "Papa!". "Princess" said Neil, picking up Ayesha and kissing her on the cheeks.  He then picked up Neilansh and asked "Hey mr tiger! Managed to find a girl yet?". "Not yet papa but I'm trying". Neil then went to Avni who was feeding Jhanak. "Neil when did you come?". "When you were telling the story". "Acha, does that mean you heard the story?". "Yes I did". "By the way wifey, Jhanak food looks good. Can I have some?". Avni gasped and slapped his shoulder. "Besharam, you are the father of three kids". "Only because we did that". Avni then blushed furiously. Neil couldn't help kiss those rosy cheeks while she put her head on his shoulder.  "I love you Neil!". "I love you too" and with that he gave her a side hug , wrapping a arm around her waist and kissed her on her forehead. Joining them were the two kids and thua a perfect family

This is for sonali0115 who suggested I wrote about Avneil college life
I love you di

Pls tell me your comments.! I wanna know what I can do better and take criticism if needed.
Love you all, Mehak