(5)

He winked at me as we sneaked out in the night.

I had said a vehement no but he was the king. It was impossible rejecting his ideas. The moment I shook my head he turned to leave not even asking me for a valid reason. Who does that? I felt guilty and followed him.

That's why he did that eye gesture.

That clever stranger.

"What are we doing?" I hissed.

"We're going to make love in the hay at the barn," he retorted.

"Okay."

Then I slipped realizing what he was saying and slided down the tiled roof. Holding the drain before falling down to my death, I muffled my scream of terror. Immediately I felt a pair of strong hands pull me up and snuggle me into a hug. This time he smelled of smoot.

"Taken up the role of santa claus?" I said trying to act clever.

"I prefer calling myself an angelic demon."

Like always, I didn't ask for any explanation. A part of me was irritated with myself for being so naive and not daring enough to solve the mysteries he held. Another part of me liked this. After all, once the person becomes predictable the bond somehow loses its magic. 

We kept jumping from one roof to another. At times he helped me. Finally we hopped onto solid ground and he started running. I followed him behind, huffing.

"Will you please fill me in?" I pleaded.

"We have to save Lucy."

I stopped and stared at him baffled. "Who is Lucy?"

"The secret will unfurl in time. Learn to be patient. It's not best to know everything in life. Anticipate these litte surprises."

I groaned as he ignored me.

Why was he so smart?

"Stop," he yelled suddenly and I stumbled onto him making us both fall down. I scrapped quite a few of my body parts thanks to my almost non-existant clothes and the rocky pathway. Though the person who would have got more hurt would be him as I did fall on top of him.

"You okay?" 

I nodded. "You?"

"I'm grand."

The whole night scene was freaking me out. I didn't believe in spirits but the moon less night petrified me. I moved quicker to be beside him.

"Duck Pip." he said. He pulled me hard towards my left and I hit my head on the trunk. What was going on with him?

"Are you possessed?" I scowled while rubbing my sore head.

"I apologize, Pip," he mumbled. His cool hands suddenly touched my heated forehead making everything so much better.

He was the remedy to my sickness.

"There's someone there," he whispered to me. " Time trickles past faster then two souls realizing the importance of love. It never seems enough and yet it seems so much."

Again those riddles. I looked at him exasperated. Here I was supporting a scorching headache, searing cuts, starving stomach, dirty-smelly body and weary muscles. All he cared about was some coded talks and this so called Lucy.

God! I felt a monster gnaw at my heart compelling me to ask him who she was. 

I never did.

"Let's go," he said.

Soon, we found Lucy huddled up inside the barn on the hay which made me flush remembering a certain dialouge.

After I was shocked that is.