Chapter 45

Kindly click on the ⭐ button below your screen to show your supports. Also comment your thoughts, I love reading them. ❤

Kara’s POV

*

        “I’m not exactly sure that’s a good thing...”

I nibbled on my lower lip, avoiding his intense and pleading gaze on me. Argh, I really needed to learn how to say no.

“Come on Kara, please.”

“Uh...” I heaved a low sigh. “I’m not so sure about this and...I have plans with my boyfriend.”

His face fell. “Oh. Well, you can, you know, bring him along.”

I eyed him suspiciously but finally conceded, nodding. I mean, what could go wrong with us going out this night? I and Stephano had no plans whatsoever and tomorrow was boxing day; which meant another holiday.

After we got home, Stephano had immediately excused himself and went to his room to attend to some business. It would be good for him to relax somewhere this evening, after all this was a festive season.

“Fine.”

Diego beamed with giddiness. “Thank you Kara. Oh gosh, thank you, you’re the best! I love you baby gir-”

“Woah,” my heart hammered against my ribcage as he uttered the confession. The exclamation had in fact, slipped past my lips without me even thinking. What was that about?

I opened my mouth to correct him but he continued. “Oh, erm, I meant you’re awesome. I’ll talk to you later honey. Bye!” He ended the video call. Did he just call me honey?  He called me freakin honey!

A frown slipped onto my face as I got a hunch not to let his use of endearment slip by. Still pondering over it, I hurried to my room and told myself to calm down and not freak out. Now I was slowly beginning to regret picking his video call.

It made things even harder when we were on a video call because I could never say no to those puppy dog grey eyes of his when he wanted to coax me into doing something.

But our conversation just now...my heart flipped weirdly. Yes, Diego said he loved me and even called me honey but... he might have just done it because I finally agreed to see him today since it was his birthday.

Or maybe he missed me? I heaved a sigh.

I had to admit that I was not being the most awesome friend in the world right now. He needed me, and even agreed to have my boyfriend come with us just to see and spend some time with me. He must be trying really hard to conceal how much he misses me.

Apparently, he found the people he came here to meet at Italy, he now had a job at Stephano’s company and things were going fine with him. So, he wanted me and Adrian, along with Stephano of course, to come celebrate his little achievement with him. Still, there was this dull feeling at the pit of my belly that refused to leave. It just stayed there.

Maybe I should text Adrian and tell her what just transpired between me and Diego. She’ll surely know more about this since she knows more about boys than I’ll ever do.

Kara: ~ *Hey, something weird just happened, like, right now. Reply ASAP!*

I threw my phone on the bed and decided to urinate before laying back down. Getting out of bed itself was like torture because I didn’t feel like it. Adrian’s name flashed on my phone screen before I could even take a few steps towards my en-suite. I contemplated on urinating as soon as I could and decided to go for it but finally halted at the entrance.