épisode five / go.
PRICE FOR ETERNITY005.

     THE SOUND OF A BROKEN glass echoed throughout the living room

     THE SOUND OF A BROKEN glass echoed throughout the living room. Michiko collapsed down on the floor and raked her nails through her scalp. She screamed, and shut her eyes, and closed her ears - she was trembling helplessly in fear.

     Kio ran to her as fast as he could, "What happened? Tell me what happened." He held her tight in his arms and kissed her forehead as she shuddered to death.

     "Let's end this," she slowly looked up at him with her warm orange eyes underneath her dampened lashes, breathless and shaking. "I can't do this anymore. I can't - you don't deserve me, Kio. You don't deserve someone like me!" she sobbed, "You deserve someone better."

      He shook his head and protested in spite of having no idea why she was suddenly acting like this. He softly caressed her hair and kissed her temples, "I don't deserve someone better. I deserve the best and that's you."

      She hiccuped and felt hot tears streaming down her face, sensing a pang of pain in her bleeding knuckles. "I can't be good enough for you and I will never be, no matter how hard enough I try. I'm already miserable myself so please stay away, I don't want you to be like me," she pleaded him and pushed him away but he loved her enough to listen.

     "Tell me the truth Michiko, what's happening to you?"

      "That's exactly why, Kio! I don't know what's happening to me! I couldn't sleep at night when I have to, I keep on hearing voices when I shouldn't, and I see things that I'm not supposed to!" she cried out. "They're just out there coming for me...they're out there somewhere near. So stay away while you still have time," but no, Kio couldn't run away without her, Kio wouldn't.

     "...or else they might take you too."

      She loved the moon because it kept her company when she couldn't sleep, she loved the rain because it muffled the voices inside her head, and she loved running away because it blinded her from the things she never wanted to see.

      Teardrops began to fall from his eyes as his heart started to ache. "Why...why didn't you tell anyone? Why didn't you tell me?" Nothing else could ever hurt him than see the love of his life collapse in front of his eyes. If only he could tear down a piece of him just to see her unbroken again, he would have done it already. But all he could do right now is tear his shirt to stop her bleeding and hold her tight until she's whole again.

     She hugged her knees and buried her face down, "I was so tired. So fucking tired that I already stopped caring for myself. I've already told you from the start, haven't I? I am the trouble and you don't want to be with me, so stay away."

     Kio had then fully understood about everything that's going on, "No. If being with you comes with a price, then I'm willing to go through everything," he said in a stern voice.

      Michiko cried in his arms upon hearing the words she never knew she needed. "I love you so much," she whispered, it was barely audible, but it was there. She never truly wanted to push him away, never wanted him to leave, just wanted the best for him and that was all.

     "Marry me," he said.

     "What?"

      "I already said I'd let you take everything, might as well take my last name."