GOY 5

I felt like I could throw up at any moment. Who was this boy, how did he get into my house, and why couldn't I see anything?

"Oh boy" I gasp. I had no control over my body and I fell to my knees, my arms hugging myself. As if I was to vomit, I began to gag, but nothing ever came out.

I felt extremely dizzy and began to slowly crawl my way over to the bed.

My vision went from all black to white and I felt as if I was dead for a moment.

I couldn't breathe, I didn't know where I was, and I couldn't think straight.

Then all at once, everything came rushing back and I could breathe and see and think again.

Tears pooled in the corners of my eyes. I was beyond scared now, and didn't know what to do.

The boy backed into the corner and began to weep again.

He pulled at his hair and apologized profusely.

"Oh fuck! I didn't mean to touch you! I'm so sorry!" He reaches to me but quickly draws his hand back and lets out another frustrated groan.

I crawl over to my bed and leaned my back against the frame, still seated on the floor.

"I-I-" I place my hand on my head, trying to gain some sense of what was happening. "What was that? Who are you?"

"I need your help!" He shouts.

"Lower your voice!" I whisper "if you wake up my mom she'll-"

"Amelia?" I hear my mother shout. "Amelia what are you doing? We heard a- oh my!" She appears on my doorway and her hand flies up to cover her mouth. It's then that I look around the room and notice the mess.

Small items are knocked off my dresser and spread out all over the floor and one of the drawers is pulled open and out of the dresser, it's contents all the way on the other side of the room.

"What in gods name?" I shout, confused as to when this must've happened.

"Honey, are you alright? You're pale."

I look to the floor length mirror in the corner of the room and take in my appearance.

My face is flushed and It doesn't seem to be regaining color.

A little to the right of my mirror sits the boy, staring at me with pleading eyes.

"I just got.... dizzy" I say, looking back to my mom.

"Are you sure? Do you-"

"Mom, I'm good. I just need some sleep I think." I look back to the boy and my mother follows my gaze but doesn't say anything.

"Get to bed, Amelia. You've got your last day tomorrow." She wraps her arms around herself and exits my room.

When I hear her bed room door close, I look back to the boy.

"She didn't say anything about you being in my room..." that was the weirdest part of the whole exchange. She looked right at him, and made no comment of a boy being in my room.

"Neither did you." He retorts, suddenly looking scared and a little awkward.

"No. Because I'm confused. Who are you?" He moves to sit in front of me and I back away a little, afraid to have a repeat of the last ten minutes.

"I'm Luke, and I really need your help."

_____

Well, as you probably already know, this is an authors note. I know nobody reads these, honestly, but I'm writing one anyways.

First off, I know this is a little late, but - THANK YOU so much for reading and please be sure to vote and comment. I would love to know what any of my readers out there are thinking.

Second, feel free to share my story with your friends and make that read and vote count go up!!

Lastly, I promise- there will not be many of these authors note thingys.

P.S. if we get to 40 votes by 11:00, I'll post another chapterrrrrr

Again, THANK YOU!!

- Nicole <3