31

Angel

Our shift ended earlier than expected, so we all get to go home early. I went to the nurses station to get my things, only to see Stephanie there. I rolled my eyes in my head.

I stood beside her and picked my jacket up off the chair. I looked at her out of the side of my eye. I sighed. I wanted to say something to her so bad, but it's like a I couldn't...

Say something Angel! Say something...

Just as she was about to walk away to leave, Zoie's loud ass come and stood in between the small space of us, distracting her.

"Ugh... Aren't you guys just so happy that we get to get off early?" He said as he grabbed our shoulders and pulled us into a group hug.

Me and Stephanie tried to push off him, but that only made his grip tighter.

"I just love you guys... I'm so glad we're all friends..." He said as he closed his eyes and smiled.

"OOH! I knew it was some I had to tell y'all! Y'all how bout Dr. Bryant-" He stopped once he saw the uncomfortable look on our faces.

"What the hell wrong with y'all? Every since y'all got back from that grand opening, y'all been acting funny towards each other." He looked in between us.

"AND GODDAMMIT I AM SICK OF BEING IN THE MIDDLE!" He raised his voice and me and Steph snickered. It's so hard to take his mmm seriously.

"Let's go to the CLOSET. NOW!" He pointed towards the closet and stomped that way.

Once we got in, he didn't waste any time.

"See what we NOT finna do is stop being friends over some petty shit. So one of y'all spill the tea." He said moving his hand back and forth.

I sighed and told him the entire story.

"I'm about to cuss both of y'all asses out...." He said, rubbing his temples.

"First off... YES GOD STEPHANIE FOR THAT GOOD OLE SLAP TO THE FACE!" He yelled as we snickered.

"I know you were trying to help... But you shouldn't have gotten in her business like that, especially without her permission... And you shouldn't have done that at his event either." She nodded her head and looked down.

"And Angel, GIRL... THATS WHAT BEST FRIENDS DO... THEY SLAP A BITCH IF THEY FEEL LIKE THEY DISRESPECTING THEY BEST FRIENNNDDD..." He said softly and we chuckled.

"HELL I WISH I HAD SOMEBODY SLAP A BITCH FOR ME... HELL, I HOPE YALL WOULD DO THAT FOR ME!" He threw his hands up in the air.

"You were way out of line for taking your anger out on her and talking to her the way you did. And honestly, I don't know whether to be disappointed in you or proud of you because GIRL... I've never heard you talk like that. I'm not sure if I believe that... Not YOU Angel! YOU?! No my sweet little Angel...." He put his face in his hands and acted like he was hurt.

"Y'all need to fix this.. Yupp y'all need to fix this and now. I'll be a the nurses station." He opened the door.

"Y'all asses got me staying here after my shift over. I KNOW y'all lyin..." He mumbled as he shut the door.

I sighed.

"I'm sorry." We both said to each other.

"You were right about everything... I shouldn't have done that Angel.. I'm so so sorry.." She said looking at me with tears coming down her face.

"No no! I was just upset.. I shouldn't have taken my anger out on you or disrespected you like that... I never want to hurt you Steph... You're my best friend.." I now felt tears start to come.