5: Maybe Perfect

Chapter 5

The week passed easily enough.

Every day in English class Jett and I would talk for a couple of minutes before the bell would ring and the teacher would demand for silence. He never came into the coffee shop again all week but that was okay because Annie cooled down with the teasing for a while. I was starting to get to know Jett a bit and we were slowly on our way to becoming friends this year.

I did not inform Piper or Blake that Jett happened to be in my English class because them, as well as Annie, would be teasing me and joking around that we were perfect for each other.

I still didn’t get what they were getting at, I mean, sure, Jett and I clicked that first day at the coffee shop but other then slowly becoming friends I don’t really think that there’s anything between me and him.

Other than that nothing exciting has happened all week; I worked a couple times, hung out Piper once after school while Blake went to the gym with some of the guys he hangs out with and I had a ton of homework.

Tonight was Friday and I had already finished my calculus and English homework but I had left my biology report for later this weekend as I was going out tonight.

I had just finished showering and was currently straightening my hair as best as I could. Usually I could get it to go pin straight but today just wasn’t a good day and my hair was not cooperating with me. After an extra fifteen minutes working on my hair I had finally got my hair to look somewhat good-looking and worthy enough to go out with.

Now that my hair was finished it was time for an outfit. With my bright red hair a lot of colours just did not look good on me. I usually stayed with the lighter pastels but every now and then I would go a little bit edgier and wear some red, black or white.

Tonight just happened to be a night that I was deciding to go a little bit edgier as it was a special night for Piper and she liked when I dressed that way.

In case I forgot to mention it Piper is an amazing dancer. She has been dancing all styles of dance since she was about four years old and was really fit because of it. For the past couple of years Piper has been trying to perfect her hip-hop, jazz, and contemporary routines while also teaching her own weekly class at a dance studio a couple of blocks away from her house. Tonight was the mid-year recital for her dance level and Blake and I always went to support her. Her and her dance partners were always amazing and always came up with the most eccentric and exhilarating routines that had everybody out of their seats.

I chose a pair of tight fitting white jeans from my closet as well as a red V-neck long sleeve shirt, my black leather jacket and a pair of black ankle boots with a two inch heel. I knew that it was not something that I would ever wear to school or basically out anywhere but Piper had took me shopping last year and insisted that I buy it because I looked ‘totally hot’ wearing it. Since it was Piper’s night I could put a side my taste and please her for the next few hours, and besides, if any guys gave me trouble for dressing like this Blake was always right there beside me.