Her Exact Words

"I don't want you doing anything with anyone else."

Those were her exact words to me that day at the lake. I suppose I never asked for the same from her, but surely it was a given? And with Harry? Of all people, she has to kiss Harry? And in public too, where anyone could see them! What does she think she's doing?

Maybe it wasn't them at all. Maybe I was just seeing things. But is that even possible? No, of course not.

All of these thoughts and more swirl through my mind as I lean against the wall of the shop with a sigh. I really don't need all of this right now. Not when I have my father to worry about and just when I really thought things were going well between her and me.

My hands ball into fists at my side, itching to lead me back in there and punch someone, one of them. I don't get the chance, though, before I see Camila rushing out of the shop too, eyes looking both ways rapidly before landing on me.

"I can explain!" She tries, making me scoff. As she begins to make her way over, I look down my nose at the lipstick smudge on her face and shake my head disgustedly, walking the other way. I might be full of rage and want answers, but I still don't want to hurt Camila. Not physically at least.

Camila's POV

"Shit!" I hiss, stopping in my tracks. I know there's no way I'll be able to convince her to listen to me just yet, and why should she?

When Harry forced his lips onto mine I was stunned and didn't move for a second. When I finally could again, I pulled away and gave him a slap before noticing her figure slipping out of the door.

Quickly, I pull out my phone as I slowly walk back to the front of the shop, leaning against the wall where she had been and biting my lip as he ringtone began to play in my ear.

"Come on, Y/n. Pick up!" I whisper absentmindedly.

"You have reached the voicemail of..." a robotic voice announces before I give up, wanting to toss my phone onto the ground and cry at how careless and stupid I'd been. How could I have let him kiss me!? I mean, I kind of didn't but as soon as he started flirting I should have walked away. I didn't want to seem rude or to make assumptions off of something that wasn't really happening, but I should've just made an excuse and left. But no, I had to go and hurt the one person I never want to hurt.

Suddenly, my phone buzzes in my pocket. It's a text from Y/n, reading nothing but the words 'you're a bitch'.

Just days ago at my house, we'd been so close. And now? I'm honestly afraid that I've gone and fucked it all up.

Y/n's POV

Camila 😘😍:
Please let me explain

Camila😘😍:
It's not what it looks like

I sigh at the flood of messages she sends as I continue trudging down the sidewalk.

"Hey." I greet the girl on the other end of the phone when she picks up.

"Why didn't you just come back inside to talk? I'm just getting served." Cara questions, saying something to the cashier before returning her attention to me.

"Um... one of my ex-hookups is in the shop. That's why I left." I try to lie, and thankfully she buys it, or at least for now.

"Whatever, where are you now?"

"I'm down the street, just turn left when you come out of the door and keep going. I'm gonna go home, though." I sigh heavily.

"What? You don't react like this with any of your hookups, Y/n. We saw Tracy Jacobs in public the day after you guys fucked and you didn't even leave the store. What's going on?"

"Nothing, I just- I'm gonna go home. Do you want me to give you a ride?"

"No it's okay, you drive home and I'll get an Uber." She replies, "Stay safe."

"You too." I nod although she can't see me, "See ya."