Chapter 5

Narrator

Liana recently got a mail respond from the Comic Center company that she applied few weeks back.

"Ms Parker,

Congratulation, You are selected as a candidate for an interview that will take place on Friday November 18th at 2:25 pm at the Comic Center Company. The interview will take place in room number G4500 with other candidates. Please go to the receptionists during your arrival and you will be provided a card to enter the office after that with directions. We look forward for your first interview with us.

Regards,

Jessica Collins.

Team Leader of Colorist 2.

Liana screamed in excitement. It should be a good thing, right? she thought to herself. She finally got an interview with the famous Comic Center Company. The company is known for publishing great comics and is the largest comic company ever. It is under the famous Creation Company.

"If I get through being a colorist, I might get a chance to show my talent." she said excitedly. She was both excited and nervous about the interview. She looked through her closets and was glad that she have something formal to wear on Friday. She called her parents and her best friend and shared the news with them.

Friday, seemed like forever for Liana. She woke up extra early to once again check her resume and see if she didn't miss any important documents to take with. She made sure that she was dressed as formally and as professionally as she could. She tied her hair in a high pony tail and she left the house after lunch. Her bus ride to the office seemed to be too long. When she reached the Comic Center Company. She stood outside the huge buildings and admired how big the company was. Although, it was part of Creation Company, Comic Center Company was another large company with different building than Creation Company. She walked nervously, yet professionally to the receptionists, who sat there, was already working. All of them was confident with their work. They were quick and on their toes for any kind of situation.

"Hello, how may I help you today?" one said as soon as she stood near the table.

"Hello, My name is Liana Parker. I have been called for an interview." she said.

"Can I have any form of Identification card to ensure that it is you, who have applied and came for the interview. This is part of the company's policy." she said looking at Liana.

"Oh, Yes." she said producing a driving licence she had obtained long ago, but she never drove as she doesn't have a car, yet. After checking, the receptionist handed her ID card back along with a company's temporary card. Swipe this card when you are going to pass the barrier. This is a one time use card, which means that after today, it won't be valid. If you are called for second interview, you will get the same thing, but once you are hired you will get your name ID which will be for all the purposes in the office. Any question." the receptionist said smiling at her.

"She said that long speech at one go." Liana thought to herself, but smiled at the receptionist. "Just the direction to the room, please."

"Right, There are some people standing over there and one of them will check your ID again and then they will tell you what to do next. Good luck for your interview. Hope you make it."she said smiling again.

Liana thanked her and walked towards people who was dressed professionally with bluetooth speaker on their ears.

"ID please." one said as soon as she crossed the barrier in nervousness.

"Right, so the elevator will take you to the 4th floor. Then you will see signs to the building. This is building A. You have to go to building G. There are some other people over there who will help you get to the room. Good luck." One of them said as the elevator door opened.

"Thanks." she said as she entered.

Just as the elevator door was about to be shut. She saw a guy walking passed the elevator with few men following him.

She reached the 4th floor soon and as soon as the door opened she saw some people standing there.

"Liana Parker?" one asked.

"Yes." she said, confused as how they knew her name.

"Jasmine Choo is coming up next." she heard someone else said and realized that when they are coming up, the ones from the other levels inform them.

Liana was surprised with how strict the security is in this company. The one who asked her name, took her to the G building and she saw that the whole waiting room was fulled. She shouldn't be surprised, but she was.

"More competition." she thought to herself.

"On that machine. Write your name and a printed sheet will come out. There will be numbers on it. On the screen." the man said pointing to the many screen. "will show your numbers along with the others and all of you will then go together when someone from the room will come to take you all. Good luck." he said as he walked away.

Liana sat nervously at the few empty space. There was some girls who was busy talking about it.

"The CEO is really handsome. I have seen him in real life in a club, but it sucks that he does not come over here much. He is mostly in the Creation Company's main office, but it is one step closer to him." one girl squealed in excitement.

"I heard it is very hard to get in this company." another said.

Liana gulped hearing that. Although, she knew that. She couldn't help but feel nervous about it.

"They pay you more than the other comic companies pay and I heard they pay for your breaks too and one or twice a month there is BBQ party or some company's party, which means we can meet the CEO and get closer to him." another said.

Liana couldn't disagree with that. Comic Center company was paying a lot more for a colorist that the other companies are.

The screen popped names and numbers after what seems like eternity. Liana's name and number came out finally with the other candidates. All of them walked nervously to the front and a woman came out to greet them.

"Hello, my name is Marissa, I will be conducting the interview with Jessica and David today." she greeted as she opened the door for the candidates to come in.

The interview felt so weird for Liana. The other candidates seemed to have more experience and better references. Liana knew she didn't have any chance as she walked out of the room and hit a wall, again! That's when she recalled falling down and ending up getting home.

"We meet again, I suppose." the man said looking at her.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give it a Vote and a share if you are enjoying this book.Happy readings!