thirty-six

||CHAPTER 36||
《¤》

It's funny how I wished to sabotage my mother's wedding, because even nature was on my side of ruining their parade.

The clouds that had been hindering my star-gazing session were actually trying to grab my attention for a high-five.

It rained.

And not the slow, light drizzle. The full blown version of raining cats and dogs and every animal imaginable.

The whole open-sky reception was a failure.

They were, however, lucky because there was a hall by the lawn, where all the guests and us were now huddled inside of. The hall was big enough, and decorated for the occasion. Mr. and Mrs. Oberoi were saved, but it was nice to know that atleast someone was on my side. Nature in this case.

"Since when did you start liking monsoons?"

I was smiling, gazing at the rain-drenched grass. Drops were racing down the panes as I stood by the window with Jolly Bua when Aryan popped the question.

"I never hated it before," I shrugged.

"Arvika Deewan not hating something by default?" He sounded shocked. "That's a series of rare events happening tonight."

My aunt snorted with her martini in hand. I glared at her. "What forms your chain of rare events? You finding someone else prettier than me? Or, wait, did some teenager actually hit on you?"

Aryan gave me his 'shut-up' look. "You're predictions wouldn't suck if you actually hang out with people like me, you know. But yeah, you are right. Someone did hit on me."

"Was it a guy?" Jolly bua asked before I could. I high-fived her when he gave both of us his straight face.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but it's neither a guy, nor a teenager," he said in his matter-of-fact tone. "If you'd kindly follow my gaze..."

We did, and he looked behind him.

My Naani winked back at him.

"Is this supposed to be a joke? Are we supposed to laugh?" Jolly Bua voiced out my concerns.

"Hold my glass, Bua," I shoved mine in her hand, "I think I'm gonna puke."

"Why?" Aryan looked back at us. "She's so funny!"

"And old, and Arvoo's Naani!" Jolly Bua added.

"I think you've taken your older-woman kink a bit too far, because she is far-fetched. There are more chances of our relationship reviving than yours and hers working." I tried speaking seriously.

"Hey, hey, hey," he threw his hands up in surrender, "it's okay to feel jealous Vika Darling, but not the hatred."

My jaw fell open. What was it with guys assuming I was jealous, and that too of my eighty-two year old maternal grandmother?

"Now you are going to say that she is funny, and cool. Should have been a teenager-"

"You stole my words! You couldn't read me that well when we were together!"