Sickly Sweet

•Y/N: Your Name

——————————————
Your POV:
___________________________

——————————————Your POV:___________________________

___________________________

"Here you go!" I say with a smile while placing a glass cup of taro boba tea that's topped with vanilla cotton candy and a striped straw in front of Terrance.

I swear the man's going to get diabetes if he keeps coming here every day. By this point, I'm starting to get genuinely concerned for his health.

"Thanks, Y/N!" He beams before taking a sip, and his eyes practically sparkle when he gets a taste of the yummy beverage. "Wow! It tastes so good!" I nod my head in agreement, having tried it myself a few days ago before we started selling them. I go to step away, but am abruptly stopped when a somewhat clammy hand snags my wrist. I turn my head to lock with begging, blue eyes and note how shaky his grip is.

"W-Where are you going?" He asks in a low whisper, his face a touch red.

"To take care of the other customers." I raise a brow at this odd behavior. He knows I'm working.

"Can't you take care of me first?" I feel a chill role down my spine from the hint of cold lacing his tone. Something wasn't right about it.

"I just gave you your order." His cheeks turn dark in color as his gaze lowers to our joined limbs.

"Y-Yeah, I... I know," Terrance hesitates to release me, his touch lingering for just a moment, before holding his hands in his lap. He keeps staring at them, too shy to meet my gaze again, while I rub the spot he held. "S-S-S-Sorry. I d-don't know what came over me." That sounded like a lie; in fact he didn't even bother trying to hide the fact that it was a lie.

"Hey, Terrance, are you feeling okay?"

"Oh, yes! I'm fine!" He claims, his head shooting up to reveal his bright red cheeks.

"You look a little sick. Maybe you should go home and get some rest?" That was my nice way of telling him to leave. I didn't want him near me when he's acts like this. It's uncomfortable.

"B-B-But..." he suddenly looks down, face paling as he clutches his stomach and squeezes his eyes shut, a moan of discomfort leaving his lips. He bends forward, emitting more pained groans as he sets his forehead on the table.

"Terrance?" I call his name in concern while setting a gentle hand on his back. His body tenses at my touch as he gags and hurriedly covers his mouth with a few whimpers.

"B-B-Bathroom." My eyes widen when I realize he's about to vomit and give a firm nod to show I understand before taking his arm and helping him out of the booth.

"There's one in the back. Come on." I let him use me as a crutch as I take him into the kitchen, ignoring the strange glances given to us by the curious customers.

"Y/N, what the heck are you doing?!" Grandmother exclaims as I quickly shove past her with the gagging man, likely furious that I brought someone back here.

"I'll explain in a minute!" I shout back to her as we slip into the small bathroom and slam the door shut as Terrance races to the toilet to void his stomach. I walk over to him as he coughs up puke and kneel beside him to rub his back. After a few minutes, he stops, but continues breathing heavily while hovering over the bowl. "Are you okay?"

"I-I-I'm f-f-fine." He groans in pain again before coughing up saliva into the toilet. I let him finish up before pulling him back some to touch his forehead with the back of my hand.

"Well, you aren't hot. Have you been getting sick from the sweets?"

"No!" He tries to stand up only to stumble and fall, but I quickly catch him in my arms before he could. Terrance whimpers and grabs his stomach with his head lowered so that I would not see his sickly face. Sighing, I softly rub his back and hold him close, being careful not to squeeze too hard.

"Maybe you should take a break from coming here for a while? You can't handle this much sugar."

"No... I can't see you any other way then," he mutters through sobs, but I was able to hear him due to our closeness.

"Is that why you come here all the time, for me?" I ask, not entirely surprised, since I had somewhat expected that. Terrance freezes up, realizing what he had just said, before hiding against the crook of my neck and shakily nodding his head. I sigh sadly with a frown on my face.

"I thought so." I grab his shoulders and pull away, staring into his scared, baby blue eyes. In a serious tone, I ask, "Do you like me? Be serious."

"Y-Y-Yes," He confesses, blushing brightly. That look of hope in his eyes just kills me, but I really don't love him back.

"Terrance, look, you're very sweet and I like spending time with you, but I just don't like you that way. I'm sorry." I could see the light instantly vanish from his eyes as his expression goes blank and his head lowers. He looked too crushed to speak or even cry. It was like looking at a statue. Biting my bottom lip, I try to think of words to soften the blow, though, honestly, I don't think it would do any good. I feel horrible, but it's better to tell him rather than leading him on. "Hey, I gotta go back to work. You can stay in here until you feel better, okay?" I gain no response as I slip away. He doesn't move an inch as I shut the bathroom door behind me and breathe out a depressed sigh. I run a hand through my hair and meet grandma's questioning gaze as I shake my head and walk past her.

"He got sick and had to throw up," I explain briefly, not sticking around to hear her retort. All eyes were on me when I enter the dining area, but I brush them off and continue taking orders like nothing happened, though, I found it hard to hold a cheery disposition after having to break that poor man's heart. A few minutes go by before I catch a glimpse of the pink-haired male storming out. He slams a small amount of money on his table, but leaves his drink behind. I heave a heavy sigh as I watch him go. He didn't even look my way.

'I hope he's going to be okay.'

____________________________
Terrance's POV:
____________________________

'She will love me if I have to make her love me.'