Chapter Five

James didn't know how to feel about the idea that he couldn't get Renata out of his mind, but it wasn't for the reasons that one would have assumed or believed at the time

James didn't know how to feel about the idea that he couldn't get Renata out of his mind, but it wasn't for the reasons that one would have assumed or believed at the time. It really had to do with the fact that Harry was demanding that she make another appearance. Since the departure from the park, nearly every morning, whether it was during his bath or when he was eating breakfast, Harry made the same request over and over.

"Nanata?" he would say in a questionable tone, looking over at his father with a hopeful look. And when James would start to say "no" or shake his head, Harry's voice grew firmer. "Nanata!"

How his son had managed to get so attached to a stranger in such a short amount of time, baffled James completely. He figured that if he gave it a day or two that Harry would forget and occupy his attention with something else, perhaps a toy or something of the sort. But Harry was making it quite clear after over a week had passed that he wanted to see Renata again.

The problem was, even if James wanted to fulfil his son's request, he wasn't sure how he was going to go about doing it. He didn't know anything about Renata, not even sure if she was a local as he tried to recall any sort of information that she had possibly given to him at the time. Not to mention, what was he supposed to say if he happened to get in contact with her?

Sorry, my son has been requesting a playdate with you, he's very demanding.

He was sure that the day at the park that Renata was just being kind with offering her time to Harry, he didn't think that she was going to want to make it into a regular thing. However, Harry wasn't the only one that was encouraging either, even Sirius and Remus had taken to Harry's side. Remus hadn't been there during the entire encounter but after James told him what happened, Remus saw it only as a good thing.

James couldn't hide away forever, he needed to get out of the house more and interact with people, it would be beneficial. Not to mention, if Harry was willing to meet and interact with new people that was a good thing. The last thing James ever wanted was for Harry to be traumatised by the events that had occurred. Even if Harry was too young to remember what had happened, there would be part of him still affected by it all if James didn't get his act together.

He wasn't looking for any new friends, but if Harry was seeking the woman's companionship, James could at least put in the effort to help him. Seeing as the boy was lacking in a mother figure in his life, perhaps that's why he longed to be in Renata's company, she was the first woman to walk into their life after Lily.

So without fail, James brought Harry to the park almost every single day for a solid two weeks in hopes of catching a glimpse of Renata. It seemed that Harry was looking too as he would use his father's shoulder to keep himself propped up to keep watch. But each day, they were disappointed because she was never there. Of course, there were all new faces that all wanted to come over and greet the famous Harry Potter, the Boy-Who-Lived. They wanted to shake his little hand, look at the scar, and cheer in his name but James usually just brushed them off and kept Harry shielded from them.