Beasty Regrets

Chapter 26: Beasty Regrets

Arnav stood leaning on his SUV on a lonely road at that evening time

Arnav stood leaning on his SUV on a lonely road at that evening time. It was getting dark all too soon. Arnav stood there like a lost kid who did not know his way back to home!
He restlessly paced the road for few minutes. But his frustration and helplessness got the best of him. He kicked his car tyre so hard and he fell back as it repelled. He sat on the road by his car hugging his knees.
The words, cries from his past started ringing in his ears haunting him more. A picture of himself sitting in a dark room in a same position as now flashed in front of him.

SLASH.. SLAP..!

Aah! You are hurting me.. Leave me.. Leave us alone please.  You already have a family. Then Why are you doing this to us?.. (Lash)
Aah.. Stop hurting me!

His mother's pleadings and an evil rasp asking her to shut up and the sound of belt lashing started ringing in his head. Just like then he closed his eyes and shut his ears with his hands shaking his head to get rid of it. Silent tears made way down from his eyes.

Slowly the voice of his mother's pleadings changed to Khushi's. The images of that night flooded through his mind.  Arnav clenched his fist so tight that his nails started hurting his palms. The past and present collided in such a way that it exploded everything inside him. When he could not take anymore he stood up and yelled and screamed in that lonely road. Just like his childhood, there was no one to hear him again!

Arnav(with disgust): What have I done? I have behaved just like him! The man whom I despised all my life. The Monster who took away Maa and Anjali. I have done the very same to Khushi. I have taken away the sister of that boy and have separated her away from her family.
He gave a disgusted scoff to himself.

Arnav: After all I have his blood running in me. Why did I have to turn into a Monster.. a Beast to that one person whom I wanted to protect with my life and soul! WHY?!!

His voice echoed the same question back to him.  He hid his face in his palms and leaned his forehead on his SUV. Suddenly his mobile rang startling the Eerie silence. It was from Muskaan.

Arnav: Hello!

Muskaan: Bhai! Where are you? I asked you to wait here right?

Arnav: Muskaan, Tell me what it is.

Muskaan: Its about Khushi's surgery. They are waiting for you. And You irresponsible person..

Arnav(cutting in middle): I am coming!

Arnav understood the edge in her voice and knew that something was wrong.

Arjun's office...!

Arjun was packing his files and was about to leave when Raghuveer entered in.

Raghuveer: Ranawat!

Arjun: What?

Raghuveer: Just got information from our informer! About Khushi!
Arjun: And..?