chapter twenty-"Memories from the past" edited

Hey guys, hope you enjoy, vote, SHARE and COMMENT.

LOVE YOU ALL GUYS

Dedicated to animerules01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lionesse's pov

As she put the pups to sleep that night, she couldn't help but linger a while longer.

'Dominic' damn him would never leave them be. They will never be safe. He will never stop threatening them.

She kissed both their eyes and whispered a promise to them. 

Through the pack bond, she could feel Sara and Kiera approaching, so she opened the door before they could knock and wake the pups up.

She put a finger on her lips, a sign for silence and gestured for the three of them to follow to the balcony.

"What can we do? To help" Kiera said

"Take care of the pack and the pups, that's all" Lionesse said

"We...We will Lion. Please will you think this over? You've been fighting all your life, let someone else do the fighting this time" Sara whispered.

"I accepted this challenge cause it was the only option. I accepted this challenge because I am Alpha of Blood-Lust. If the Alpha doesn't fight to protect their own, then they are no alpha. Have you forgotten how we were all treated when he was alpha the first two years after we escaped the damn fortress? Did you forget?"

"NO. No i didn't forget, i never could. I didn't fucking forget Lionesse and that's why i'm telling you to think this over. He is a monster. No remorse, no heart, nothing. You've gone through so much in your life. You deserve to rest" Sara pleaded.

Lionesse smiled at Sara

"You shouldn't worry about me, I'm Alpha, that's my job. It's late, you should get some sleep"

After they all left, she went back to the balcony, sat on the edge and smoked not one nor two but six cigarettes one after the other, a nervous habit she picked.

Later as she was bathing, her fingers skimmed over some of the hundreds of scars that had become one with her back. 

She tried, but no matter how much effort she put, she couldn't stop the memories of the past from resurfacing.

---------------------------------------------------------------

They have just escaped from the vampires. Yes they were all bloody and very badly hurt but at least they were free. They were free. Finally free after 215 years of slavery, torture and agony.

She was leaning on the twins, Kiera and Sarah, her knee was seriously hurt.

She was bleeding and hurting and barely able to keep herself conscious.

As the twins were dragging her, they noticed smoke coming from a chimney and the mere thought of warmth made them want to do anything to feel it, no matter the cost. 

They also had to find shelter, a healer, someone that could treat her. 

The door opened before they could knock, the wolf living there having already felt them.

The man was tall and well built.

He took one look at them before opening the door wider telling them to hurry inside. 

Lionesse gave up. She couldn't take one more step. Maybe it was the fatigue, maybe the blood loss or maybe even the soft eyes of the man and warmth of the house. 

Her legs buckled and was falling face first when the man caught her and picked her up. 

What happened after she had no idea because next time she woke up, her leg was wrapped up and the rest of her wounds treated. 

The door opened  after some time, to reveal the stranger that apparently one way or another saved her.

"Thank you...for saving us. I owe you my life...our life actually. I'm Lionesse" she said, her voice hoarse.

"You owe me nothing, i'm Charon by the way. What happened, if i may ask?" Charon said kindly, his calm and kind tone reminding her of her twin, TomTom.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was pulled back from that flashback when she felt small hands on her face and drops of water running down her neck.

She looked down only to realize that she was on her knees and Ash was wrapped around her, shaking her and calling her name, crying his eyes out.

She grabbed him and hugged him to her whispering words of reassurance while rubbing his back comfortingly.

After a little while he calmed down and Lion asked, 

"Hey sweetie what's wrong? Did you have a bad dream? Are you hurting somewhere?" she asked frantically concerned.

"No, but i was calling your name and shaking you but you were shaking and your eyeswere wide and i was very scared" he said sniffling.

"I'm fine Ashy, don't worry about me, alright?" she said softly

Ash merely nodded before throwing his small body to hers hugging her tightly as if afraid that she would disappear.

She picked him and tucked him in bed beside her.

Tomorrow will be a big day and they really needed all the rest they could get.

-----------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed, voted, SHARED and COMMENT