Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Jade tried hitting the buttons on the elevator, but nothing happened, as Marcus stood back grinning as Jade became frustrated quickly.

"Kitten, I don't think we are going anywhere for a while." If looks could kill Marcus would've been ten feet under with the look Jade was giving him.

"Well, do you have a phone?" Marcus held up his phone which had no battery left.

"Great, just great." Jade walked over to the corner as far away from Marcus as possible before crossing her arms over her chest. She looked towards where Marcus was, only to see him making his way over to her private corner.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" Jade questioned and Marcus stopped moving and leaned against the wall.

"Well, it looks like we are stuck." Marcus grinned while Jade rolled her eyes wondering when the hell they were going to leave this tiny death trap that they were standing in.

"Well, we better get unstuck soon," Jade grumbled wishing she was trapped with anyone, but the arrogant, pig-headed sergeant. Marcus smiled knowing he would have a good time watching the corporal slowly tick until she exploded.

"So, Jade, what did your mother want the other day?" Marcus got comfortable and watched the way Jade reacted to his question.

"That is none of your business, Sergeant," Jade said staring him down.

"Well, I think I have a right to know what is going on." Jade turned to face him and took a step closer.

"What gives you the right to know about my life? I don't ask about yours, so don't ask about mine." Marcus not backing down took a step closer until they were both chest to chest

"True that, but I believe it is my right to know what is going on the in the house next to me. Considering I always seem to find myself in there. Plus, I am concerned about my fellow soldier." Jade continued to stare him down even though they seemed to get closer and closer with each passing breath until the tip of her breast where touching against his chest.

"Well, fortunately, I am not your soldier." Jade took a step back before leaning against the wall behind her not wanting to face the pushy man standing next to her.

"Again, this is true, but aren't we all soldiers for the same cause?" Huffing Jade crossed her arms fuming, wishing the stupid man standing next to her would stop before she hit her limit and blew up.

"Fine, don't tell me then, but I will get it out of you." Jade rolled her eyes knowing she would never tell him willingly. They both waited together before Marcus let out a loud sigh causing Jade to face the man who was staring at her.

"What!" She snapped and Marcus shook his head.

"Nothing." He grinned and shrugged his shoulder with that look on his face that said he wanted to say something.

"Just say whatever you want to say." Jade huffed as she sat down because her leg was hurting from standing around doing nothing.

"No, I have nothing to say, why would you think I have something to say?" He said smugly as he looked down on Jade who was sitting on the floor.

"You have that look on your face where you want to say something." Jade looked up as the stubborn man who shrugged his shoulders at her while grinning like a cat.

"Nope, don't want to say anything. Do you?" He raised an eyebrow, and she rolled her eyes before looking at the blank wall in front of her hoping someone would hurry and get them out of here before they put her away for murdering the man standing next to her.