A Hogwarts Christmas - Part Three

.................

December 24rth

Please vote, comment, or just read. This is my first Fanfiction I've EVER written!! Please and Thank You for the support!!!!!!!! <3

..................

YOUR POV

My eyes snapped open and my surroundings came into focus. What happened? I recognized the ceiling of the Hospital Wing. Great, I was back here again. I may need to wrap myself in bubble wrap in the future. I sat up in my bed, and the world did a one eighty. I laid back down, this time noticing that someone found my cloak.

Oh no. Snape's present!

I reached my arm out with all the strength I had and felt my pockets. I felt the hard, wooden container and breathed a sigh of relief: the quill wasn't lost or damaged. I brought my arm to the warm sheets.

"Oh, good you finally woke up. Here, drink this." Madame Pomfrey handed me a goblet with this dark green and black....sludge in it.

"Are you sure this is edible?" I cautiously asked.

Pomfrey narrowed her eyes at me. "Drink."

I gave a sigh and downed the potion. It tasted so bad I almost vomited it back up, but I held it down. I handed her back the goblet.

"What was in that?"

"Oh, you wouldn't want to know. Now, you should be out of bed by Christmas morning! Isn't that great?"

My heart shuddered and came to a complete stop. WHAT?! That would mean that I couldn't give the Professor his gift tonight. I had to come up with a plan B. I peered out of the window. Owls by the hundreds were heading towards the great hall to drop off early gifts. That was it! I would get Dean, give him the gift, and tell him to drop it off at the doorstep of Snape's office. No problem. I managed to pull out the present and summon some black wrapping paper, tape, scissors, and green ribbon to wrap it with. In a matter of minutes, it was completed. Now, for the card. What would I write? A present it worthless without some sort of card to go with it. I asked Madame Pomfrey for a piece of parchment and she gladly brought me some.

"Thank you." I said gratefully.

Hours bled into hours as I figured out what to write.

Professor Snape-

I imagine you don't get many gifts over the Christmas break, or any at all. But this Christmas, I decided to change things up. I hope you like it too - you don't have to, but it would be nice if you did. Have a Merry Christmas Professor,

I stopped writing. Should I sign my name or leave it anonymous?

"Madame Pomfrey?"

"Yes, dear?'

"Who found me? I remember being cold and alone. And I was suddenly here....who brought me back?"

"Professor Snape did. Why he was in Hogsmeade puzzles me, though. He has never been much of a 'Christmas' type of person obviously. But he told me that he saw you run from a bar without a cloak on-" She looked at me expectantly, "and went after you. He doesn't do that with a lot of students. He talks about how you have the touch for potions sometimes. You should be proud of yourself."

I felt my cheeks heat up. "Oh....Alright then. At least I didn't get that hurt."

"Indeed. Without his help, you would've died."

I nodded and went back to the letter.

Professor Snape-

I imagine you don't get many gifts over the Christmas break, or any at all. But this Christmas, I decided to change things up. I hope you like it too - you don't have to, but it would be nice if you did. Have a Merry Christmas Professor Snape,

-(Y/n) (Y/l/n)

I signed my signature and carefully folded it, slipping it into an envelope. I taped it shut and put it on the present. Now, all I had to do was wait.

SNAPE'S POV

I toyed with (y/l/n)'s present. I had already wrapped it and wrote a simple note. I wished she would like it. I had a generally bad experience with women. I just wished things could be different, but what's done is done. All I could do is attempt to make it right.

YOUR POV

I managed to get my side window open and shout out of it, "DEAN I NEED YOU." very loudly.

A few minutes later, he arrived and hooted aggravatedly like, I was sleeping, how dare you.

"Oh, don't be a baby Dean. Here." I handed him a treat whilst tying the gift around his ankle.

He gave me a look. Oh, you sly dog. I most definitely hate you.

I laughed and stroked his sleek plumage. He poofed up and chittered and let out these cooing noises. Once it was time for lights-out, I told Dean to drop the present off at Professor Snape's office and it didn't really matter if he got caught because he was an owl. He hooted happily and flew out into the night sky. I shut the window and drifted off to sleep.

DEAN'S POV (yeah, you're now an owl *evil chuckle*)

Hallway, student, teacher, heh heh I just flew through a ghost, another hallway, ooh I just pooped on Malfoy hue hue.

I continued flapping my way through the castle. I believe my master said to drop this at Snape's office sooooo....I turned a sharp right and flew down the hall. The cold air brushed up against my feathers and made me shiver a little. Why did she like this Professor who was eerily similar to Batman, I will never know. I mean, come on! Black, brooding, and generally always ready for a fight? Not my kind of guy. But that's what she wants, and there is nooooottttthhhhhiiiiinnngggg I can do about it. I finally came to a door labeled "Professor Snape; Potions Master".

Oh, and now he's a show off too. Great.

I tapped on the door with my beak. Nothing. I tapped again. Still nothing. Again, nothing. I shook my head and decided to do the one thing that everyone absolutely hates.

I started screeching as loud as I could and flopped around. Eventually the door opened for me to see the Batman-ish Professor myself.

My first thought was: does he use shampoo?

"What do yo-" he suddenly stopped yelling when he saw an owl (me) instead of a student at his door looking up at him. I hooted and flapped up when he held his arm out. He untied the present and note from my leg and took me inside his office.

"You're a reasonably smart bird, aren't you?"

I hooted. Yes, I am a genius. I am the next Issac Newton. I will build the next Death Star.

 (This fanart is mine but inspired by ----TH)

"Take this to Miss (y/l/n). I don't want my own owl being recognized. Do not wake her if she is asleep."

He tied something to my leg and I flew off.

NOBODY'S POV

Snape looked at the present on his desk. Was it from her? He began to read the note.