Chapter 3

Seven year old Catina stared at the training grounds hesitantly, before turning to her older sister.

"Rina, are you sure we can be here?" Catina bit her lips before continuing, "Maybe we should head back inside."

Catrina rolled her eyes, "Of course we can't be here, that's why we're hiding."

"T_Then we should go back." Catina grabbed onto her older sister's sleeve and gently tugged.

Catrina shook off Catina's hold before speaking, "Then you can go back, we'll be punished either way."

Catina's face paled at the thought of being punished, but she didn't leave or continue trying to persuade her older sister into leaving.

"Don't they look amazing Tina?"

Catina turned to look at the soldiers practicing on the training grounds. They were all practicing seriously, each trying their best to become the best.

"They do." Catina answered softly.

"Someday, I'll be a knight." Catrina stated confidently.

Somehow Catina wasn't surprised when she heard this. It was as if she had expected it, but that couldn't be possible since it was the first time Catrina showed interest in swordsmanship. Just as Catina was about to question her older sister on how she was going to become a knight, their father walked over.

"What are my two lovely daughters doing here?" Their father, Logan Veltina, questioned.

"We came to watch you father." Catrina answered, daring to lie to their father.

When Catrina had dragged Catina to watch the soldiers practice, she hadn't known that their father would be there. If she had, she would have probably picked another day to sneak out of their lessons. That was because, even if a soldier spotted them, they couldn't possibly tell them to return to their lessons, but it was a different story if their father saw them.

Logan chuckled, "While I'm flattered that you came to see me, shouldn't you be taking lessons at this hour?"

"The tutor released us early." Catrina lied.

"Is that so?" Logan questioned, staring at Catina who had been strangely quiet.

"It is." Catrina answered, stepping in front of Catina.

"I wasn't asking you Rina sweetheart." Logan replied, easily dismissing Catrina. "Did the tutor release you early Tina?"

Under her father's stare, Tina found it difficult to lie and confessed the truth.

In one swoop Logan picked up Catrina, looking into her eyes. "What did I say about lying Catrina?"

"That it's bad, and I shouldn't do it." Catrina relented.

He gave Catrina a soft kiss on her forehead before shifting her to his right hand. He then bent down and picked up Catina with his left hand, before he began walking towards the house. He fully intended on bring them back to their lessons.

"But father, the lessons are so boring! I'd rather train with the soldiers." Catrina whined.

"That's something you'll have to discuss with your mother." Logan answered, "Now, I won't punish you two for sneaking out this time, but there better not be another time. Do you understand?"

"Yes father." Catrina and Catina answered simultaneously.