Distracted

(Peter's P.O.V.)

Saturday night was weird.

It started out normal enough, I was doing a nightly patrol, but nothing major was happening. Since I had time to kill and I was bored, I decided to just swing around.

Then I heard fast footsteps and giggling.

And it sounded familiar.

Eventually I came across the source of the giggling, and to my surprise, it was (Y/n) and MJ.

Why are they out so late? I thought.

They were standing in the middle of what I think was MJ's street. They were out of breath and breaking into a giggle fit.

I dropped down behind them, "good evening ladies."

They flinched, then turned around to face me.

"Hey Spider-boy." (Y/n) said, "what'ch doin' out so late?"

I could ask you the same thing.

"Nightly patrols," I answered. "What are you two doing out so late?" I countered, "and what is on your hands?"

They looked at their hands, then each other and started giggling again. (Y/n) whispers something to MJ and she laughs harder.

I will never understand women.

  "O...k? You girls are making zero sense. Anyway, do you need help getting home?" I asked them, turning to (Y/n).

"Thanks, Spider-boy, but we're okay. Her place is literally just up the street." She smirked at me.

Why is she looking at me like that? I thought.

"Alright, uh, well, have a good night then!" I awkwardly said.  

"We will!" (Y/n) called. The girls started to giggle again as they ran back to MJ's place. 

I watched them to make sure they get in safely.

MJ stepped inside and (Y/n) took one last glance at me. She smirked while raising an eyebrow and waved. 

Girls make no sense.

.......................................................

"Peter are you still with us?" My teacher asks, snapping me out of my trance.

"Yes, sorry, what was the question again?" I ask.

"How do we calculate linear acceleration between points A and B?"

"Mass cancels out so it's just gravity times sine." I answer. I'm pretty sure she's asked me this question before.

"Correct."

.................................................................................................................

Finally, it's lunch. 

(Y/n) sits with us as usual, but she remains quiet the entire time.

"So, (Y/n)," I say, attempting to start a conversation.

"Hmm?" She doesn't bother to look at me, and remains lost in her thoughts.

I didn't do anything...right?

"How was your sleepover with MJ?" I question.

"Good." She still doesn't look, but Michelle does.

Michelle switches her gaze back and forth between (Y/n), then me. Ned does the same.

I clear my throat, "what did you two do?"