{1}

EMMA'S P.O.V
I look at the saddening and hollow blue eyes that belong to myself. Some say my eyes are sharp and friendly, others say they tell a story. I have to agree they tell a story, the story of my fucked up life that is.

I quickly snap out of my trance and fix a soft smile on my face before walking back out to the restaurant. I pull out my notepad and walk over to a snobby rich couple.

"Hello welcome, my name is Emma and I am your waitress tonight. What would you like?" I repeat the same friendly greeting that I've drilled into my head. My smile stays in tack even as the lady scoffs and rudely orders.

Be nice. Be nice. You can't be rude.

"Is that all?" I softly. I had a natural soft voice and a small smile.

"Yes now get out of my sight." The lady sneers, the man says nothing.

"Of course ma'am" I say as I take their menus. I hate this. I hate this job. I work at a restaurant called Le'Classico. It's weird, I know. The people who come in are snobby rich people and treat the staff like trash. The rest of the waitresses wear slutty skirts and their white button ups that are barely buttoned up. My manager said that it was good for business, it's just disgusting. I wear black skinny jeans and ALL my buttons are done up on my shirt. I also wear black converses instead of heels. My eyes scan the restaurant for an empty table, I see over in the corner one of the new girls with her head low in shame. I frown and walk over to the scene before the manager steps in.

"You're just trash!" A high pitched girls voice sneers at the new girl. Amy, that's her name. Before anything else can happen I step in.

"Amy why don't you go help in the kitchen and I'll take this table?" I ask, I see the obvious relief in her eyes. Amy just turned 18 and she hates this place as much as I do. She is shy and self conscious but she needed the money that this job supplies so she can pay for her mothers hospital bills. She smiles at me and walks off, I face the table with a friendly smile.

"Sorry about that. Hello I am Emma and I will be serving you tonight. What can I get you?" I say in the natural soft and friendly voice. At the table sat two girls and three boys, they were all attractive. One girl cleared her throat and I snapped my eyes to her. She was very beautiful and I can tell that she was very confident. Her chocolate brown hair is flat straight and is dramatically placed over her shoulders. She has bright green eyes and full plump lips that are covered in a bright red lipstick. She was wearing a VERY tight red dress that only went to her thighs, displaying her model like legs. To be honest she screamed spoilt little brat.

"Well Emma I'll have the lobster platter. It better be good" she said rudely. I don't like how she said my name. Yeah it's my name, don't say it like that. I smile at her and turn towards the second girl, she was truely beautiful. She had firery red hair and bright blue eyes that resemble mine but they don't have that sad glint. She had soft features and freckles spayled across her nose and cheeks. She was wearing a light green dress that look much too tight for her. I'm starting to think that she was forced into wearing it.

"She'll have the garden salad" the first girl answered for her. I frowned slightly but brushed it off and turned to the guy sitting next to her. He had a build that you could tell he worked out but not to the extent that he was bulky and scary looking. His blonde hair suited his dull green eyes and his goofy look. It was obvious that he was the jokester of the group. He was wearing a navy blue suit with a white dress shirt, the first two buttons were undone.

"Well babe I'll have a double cheeseburger with fries" he said with a wink.

Keep formal Emma. Ignore the fact that he's the first to call you 'babe'