thirty-one

AMARA

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Harry and I had spent a week in Rio San Juan, secluded in the small villa we became comfortable with. It was nice to have the bonding time we had together in the villa while Harry wasn't working, it took my mind off the task at hand. Harry had been amazing this week, I hadn't had an episode at all, and my nightmares were almost non-existent.

Max hadn't texted me again, and I had hope that he'd dropped it. I knew deep down he hadn't, but hope was good in small doses. Harry and I had a routine in our villa. I would wake up to Harry cooking an omelette in the kitchen, and I'd put on some music that usually resulted in me making Harry dance and the omelette burning. Harry would work in the morning, and I'd busy myself with reading, sometimes sitting with Harry and stealing small glances at his beauty. Harry and I would then occupy ourselves by either going in the pool or playing a bunch of board games. The night would end with Harry and I have a movie marathon, and falling asleep halfway through.

It was nice, and I didn't want Harry's friendly mood to end, ever. He hadn't brought up our awkward conversation in the pool from the first day we got there, or the fact he'd confessed to not wanting to have sex with me if there weren't feelings involved.

"Ready?" Harry's soft voice filled my ears as we stepped out of the elevator, his hand resting on my back as we walked to the apartment. I nodded my head up at him, his knuckles hitting the wood of the door that displayed the numbers '28.'

We were apparently meeting one of my parents trusted employee's to help with the investigation and protection of myself. Harry hadn't told me who, for some reason, but I brushed it off. I rolled on the balls of my feet as the sound of locks unlocking was heard from the other side of the door, which swung open a few seconds later. My mouth fell open as the person I least expected stood in front of us, a wide smile crossing his features.

"Hello, love! Come in! Come in!" Louis ushered us inside, smacking Harry's bottom when he walked through the door frame. I bit back a laugh at the gesture, my confusion flying through the roof as we walked into the kitchen.

"Louis? You're one of my parents trusted employee's?" I frowned deeply, Louis mirroring my expression immediately. His head turned to Harry, the two sending eachother a look before settling their eyes back on me.

"Indeed, only a recent one obviously," Louis smiled at me, filling a glass with water from the tap. I nodded my head slowly as he handed me the glass, sipping it as the boys remained quiet.

"So?" I raised my eyebrows at them, waiting for them to fill me in on what's happening.

"Well, I'm here to help Harry hack into other gangs' systems, due to my insane computer and hacking skills." Louis shrugged proudly, shaking non-existent dirt off his shoulders.

"Okay, Lou. Amara, we need to work, so can you just...find something to do for a bit?" Harry bit his lip nervously, not wanting to say I'm not allowed to hear them working, but I knew he was insinuating it. I didn't get to answer before the pair rushed into a separate room, closing the door behind them.

I scanned the fancy-looking kitchen briefly, taking note of the camera's sticking out of the ceiling, a red button flashing on the side of each. I stuck my middle finger up to one of the camera's, hearing a few deep chuckles sound from the room the boys had entered before.

I eventually sat down at a snug-looking couch, grabbing a book from the glass coffee table. I assumed these books were for decoration, because I couldn't picture Louis reading them. However, there's a chance this isn't even Louis' apartment. It was probably a coincidence I picked up my favourite book, letting an excited squeak escape my lips. My mother always told me not to read these books, saying they were tainted with fairytales and lies. It didn't stop me though, I loved Wuthering Heights, and a copy was always hidden from my mother under my bed.