3.10 The Bitch and Her Shameless Prince

"What is this?" Mo Fan asked as he stared at the box his wife had given him. It was small, made out of paper and ugly.

"A present for you" Piper smiled. She forgot to buy a box so she just made a box out of paper, and because she really sucked at origami, she failed miserably.

"Hmm?" Mo Fan nodded as he looked at the box with no expectation. He took off the lid and looked inside. It was a white bead bracelet.

"This is?" Mo Fan took out the bracelet and looked at it weirdly.

"Lover's bracelet. I have this one" Piper showed her wrist to Mo Fan and smiled, "This way we will always think of each other. Nice isn't it?"

"I see" Mo Fan smiled slightly as he heard her words, "I'll be sure to wear it later" He put it back in the box and put it on the side of his desk.

"Okay, bye!" Piper waved bye and walked out of his study room. She sure was lonely, she had never once wore a couple thing with a boyfriend and now she's doing it with someone she didn't even like. How sad

Piper went back to her room and sat on the rocking chair. She was very bored. Her days were only filled with, eating and sleeping and sometimes a tea party with the Empress Dowager.

"Why is there nothing to do? I want to do something" Piper complained loudly as she stared at the ceiling.

"Miss, we can go to the temple and do some merit," Qiqi said as she looked at her pitiful Miss. Her Miss always did the same thing every day. Of course, she was bored

"OK, let's go now" Piper stood up and walked outside. 

"Eh? Now? Wait for me, Miss!!" Qiqi hurriedly stood up and ran up to her Miss, "Hah, Miss it's getting late, are you sure you want to go? There are many bandits around now" Qiqi asked as she panted heavily. Her Miss was very fast. As expected of someone born into a military family.

"I'm not a kid, I can take care of myself even if it's late," Piper said while hopping on the carriage. She was quite confident that she'd be fine with her fighting skills. She had even fought aliens before, a few bandits couldn't hurt her.

"Okay, Miss," Qiqi said with a bit of unwillingness. Her Miss might be fine but what about her (Q)? She couldn't fight at all

"Where are you going?" A figure suddenly appeared in front of Piper in the carriage.

"Hm, to the temple" Piper was a little startled as she looked at the man in front of her

"Are you not afraid?" Mo Fan asked as he stared at her. 

"No" 

"Take some guards with you" How could he possibly let his wife go out alone. 

"Yes yes," Piper sighed as she stared at her husband. Taking a few guards wouldn't hurt.

"Okay, if something happens, fire this" Mo Fan took out a pistol. It was that kind of pistol which fired a red light to tell others it was an emergency

"Yeeees" Piper grabbed it and nodded like an obedient child. The few months she stayed with him, she realized that he was overprotective and stubborn. If he says something then you can only obey.

"Good" Mo Fan smiled and patted her head before disappearing.

"See you" She whispered before closing her eyes to take a small nap

30 minutes later they got to the temple in safety. Piper stepped out of the carriage and stretched, "Told you we'd be fine"

"Okay, Miss. Let's go in" Qiqi grabbed the things she took with her, showed her identity token to the guards and then walked in.