Off To The Lake

AN: AGSHS IM SO SORRY

Would you believe me if I said I really did forget that I hadn't updated yet? Bc that's what happened.

Anyway, here it is! Enjoy!

"You're up early." My Mama greets me when I wake up the next day. I sigh as my phone screen continues to light up with texts. It did until around eleven last night, and picked up again at some point this morning.

"Yeah." I agree with no explanation, "Anyway, are you guys ready to go?"

"Yep." Mom nods, getting her car keys.

Mama sends me a concerned look before following Mom out and into the car, me doing the same after grabbing my phone charger.

"What happened?" She asks as I fasten my seat belt, leaning back in her seat and looking over her shoulder to see me.

"Nothing." I shrug, "Why?"

She just sends me another look before reaching over to the center console for Mom's hand and letting the rest of the drive be silent.

Partway through, my phone stops lighting up and curiosity gets the better of me. I scroll through the notifications, not the actual messages, and see a lot of 'please let me explain's and 'I'm sorry's and 'don't leave me, I'm not like this's.

I sigh once again and look up at my parents who keep sending glances at one another, smirks on their faces.

"Oh no, you two are not going to do it in the tent tonight." I scold, making Mom laugh and Mama giggle.

"Who said we were thinking that?" Mom teases, but I spot the wink she sends to Mama.

"Well for starters, that wink." I point out, "And you've been eyeing each other like horn dogs the entire ride."

"Oh shush, it's not like you haven't done it before." Mama retorts, looking back out of the window.

"And we're here!" Mom announces, and I look outside to see the entrance to the lakes just up ahead.

I put my phone into my pocket and make sure I'm semi-presentable considering I just spent three hours in a car with my parents while Mom pays for entry and finds a spot to park the car while we unload.

Once we have everything out of the car and into one of the cabana's on the island, Mom takes the car to the parking lot before returning.

The way camping on this lake works is that each camping spot has a cabana which is theirs for the time they're here. There's also a dock and some space to put your tents.

Mama and I work on putting the tents up (a bigger one for those two while I have a smaller one to myself) while we wait for Mom to get back.

Once done, I take a look around. There's barely anyone here, at least not yet, and those that are aren't anywhere near our lot, so we might be able to get some peace and quiet unlike the last time we were here. It might be good for me to be able to think over the situation with Camila and me and really figure out what I need to say to her. Either that, or it'll give me a distraction from it all. I'm not sure which I really need right now, but either sounds great.

"Wanna hire kayaks?" Mom asks as soon as she returns, and Mama and I both agree, walking down to where they keep them.