Chapter 159: An Apostle's Assistance

"-ne...?!"

     For a second there, I hung in the air. I stared at the space in front of me, about to take a bite of my sandwich, confused as to why the surroundings were so different, until the levitation spell that had cast itself via the system let itself go.

     Then I, still disoriented and confused, began to fall.

     Naturally I kept a good hold on my sandwich. It was just a priority in my mind, even while about to slam butt-first onto the bare table below me.

     But I was caught. I didn't mind that part so much while also catching the mustard sauce that was leaking from the sides of my sandwich, and with a neat spell, tucking it back into the sides.

     Good, I thought, before realizing that I was "somewhere else" and that there were two notifications in front of me. Wait a moment.

     I jumped out of that person's arms, surprised by their proximity, and glanced around, floating straight up to the ceiling and hitting my head on it. I bounced off in a recoil, curling up into a ball to hold my head while still careful to not drop my sandwich.

[The [Apostle of Order] Has Been Summoned For An Emergency Trial]

[You Have Been Summoned For An Emergency Trial]

     Emergency trial?!

     I stared down at the scene below me. Clearly, there were multiple people there, and the mood was serious. Well, the serious mood was broken by the surprise that I introduced, and we were all staring at each other in confusion. I was the most confused, it felt like, while tapping at my notifications. I winked out of sight with [Invisibility] and [Noise Cancel] while grumbling to myself about how these fancy systems were always fancy until they screwed you over-

     The first one proclaimed:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The [Apostle of Order] Has Been Summoned For An Emergency Trial

- The [Apostle of Order] has been called to an emergency trial by plaintiff [Earl de Libellule] in order to aid the completion of his assigned rehabilitative tasks. Do you wish to watch the proceedings?

[Watch Proceedings] or [Don't Watch]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     [Don't Watch]! Get me out of here!

     I could still feel where specific parts of the fabric had been pressed into me, when I'd been caught by him. Having appeared right in front of him, he'd been the most able to catch me in my confused falling.

     "[Clean]," I rubbed off my cross-and-bones shoulder cover, shaking out my kimono after extending my legs. Right below me, they were still looking up at the ceiling, confused as to where I went.

     I clicked on the second notification to see what it had to say.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[You Have Been Summoned For An Emergency Trial]

- You have been summoned to an emergency trial by plaintiff [Earl de Libellule] in order to aid the completion of his assigned rehabilitative tasks. You are unable to leave until the proceedings have finished. Do you wish for context of the situation?