23 ; honey

[art by: real-classy on tumblr!]

; connor's pov

I went out of (y/n)'s room quietly to see Lieutenant standing and resting his shoulders onto the wall of (y/n)'s room.

He raised his eyebrows. "What were you doing in there Connor?" Lieutenant asked.

Lieutenant got drunk again at the bar so I had to help him go to his bed room. He slept for awhile so i'm assuming that he isn't sleepy anymore.

"As I was helping you earlier, I heard (y/n) shouting 'No!', so I came to check on her after I helped you." I replied, "It seems that (y/n) is having a nightmare. She was crying and relieved to see me alive." I continued.

Lieutenant nodded. "Relieving. I thought you were doing something else in there." Lieutenant continued. "You better ask permission to me first before you do something like that."

"Like what Lieutenant?" I asked curiously.

"Nevermind." Lieutenant replied. He stood straight and turned to leave.

"You mean the action that starts with the letter s?" I asked. Since I have accessed the memory of a traci. I know things like that, I got them all from Eden Club. I wish I didn't got them.

"Mhm." Lieutenant said and continued to go to his bedroom.

; your pov

After a ride to Starbucks with Dad and Connor, I did my job as usual, but my nightmare last night kept on bothering me. It scared me. I hope I don't see Connor bleeding like that. Dying in my arms. Saying his last words. I don't want that.

I was resting my chin on the palm of my hands. I am literally overthinking about that nightmare. Who is Misery? Are they real? And one thing, I couldn't define the voice if it's a female or male.

"Um hello? Miss? I wan't to take my order!" A female around her late 20s waved her hand infront of my face.

"(Y/N)! Get to work!" Claudia told me from behind.

I looked at the person, since I was staring at the ground. "Oh right! Sorry! What would you like to order?" I asked.

"It's about time! I don't have all day, I'm in a hurry." The female exclaimed. Yeah yeah, how bout you state your order right now? I don't have all day aswell.

After taking the person's order, Claudia did them. As usual, Luke wiped the tables, and get the dishes to deliver it to the kitchen. I didn't know the people in the kitchen because I rarely go there, Claudia usually gives the food to the customers.

Luke approached me. "Zoning-out today? What's on your mind?" Luke asked and crossed his arms.

I sighed and turned to him. "Basically, I had a nightmare last night." I replied.

"Go on." Luke replied.

"Long story short. Someone called 'Misery' killed Connor. I kept on thinking about it." I replied. "Good thing I woke up with him trying to wake me up." I continued.

"Misery? The famous android serial killer?" Luke asked.

I raised my eyebrow. "You know them?" I asked curiously.

"Well, they are all around the news recently." Luke explained.

So Misery is real.

"Don't worry about it (y/n). It's just a harmless little nightmare, and I bet Connor is strong enough to defend himself from Misery." Luke reassured me. "I mean, he did catch a few android serial killers didn't he?"

"Yes he did, but I hope the nightmare is really harmless." I replied. "To get my mind off of that, how are things between you and Claudia?" I asked.

"Hm..." He exclaimed. "Me and her are just friends." He replied.

"You really thought about that huh?" I said and crossed my arms.

"Well she likes someone else, and I like someone else. Easy as that." Luke replied.

"She actually told you that she likes someone else?" I asked.

"Nope, I'm just assuming!" Luke chuckled.

"Mmmmmmhm." I exclaimed. "Go back to work you bozo." I told him and went to the cashier area.

; after work.

I walked home with Luke again. Simply because, I think it's too dangerous to go alone. Plus, I'm having anxiety around this Misery thingy.

I did my usual thing. Opened the front door and went in, and Luke went to his home too after walking me home. I didn't want to bother Connor because they had been investigating lots of cases lately.

As I got in the house. Expected. Dad watching hockey, Connor sitting at the side sofa. I thought they would went home late because of the C A S E S.

"I'm home!" I shouted, and put my bag down at the side table.

Again, Dad did not reply. This time, I went straight upstairs and changed my clothes to home clothes. I went downstairs afterwards to see food prepared at the dining table. (F/Dish). Just like how Dad prepared them.

"Thanks for the (F/D) Dad!" I shouted.

"No problem!" Dad shouted back, which made me surprised because he usually don't reply to me when he watches hockey! First time in history.

Connor walked up to me. "Hey princess!" He exclaimed and sat down infront of me.

"I was gonna address you about that. Don't call me princess!" I replied.

"I guess not... how about gumdrop?" Connor suggested.

"Too sweet. Literally. Like the food." I replied.

"Sweetie?"

"Too overused!" I exclaimed.

"Honey????"

"It sounds like what old couples use!" I replied.

"Ma chérie?"

I blushed. "Too French????"

"I'll stick with ma chérie, I guess." Connor replied.

"NO."

NU: july 3