↳ TWENTY

ISADORA HAD COME to the conclusion that Halloween, ironically, was not the holiday for creatures from Hell — not only had Mazikeen stomped on her heart and then walked away just like that, it seemed that Lucifer had been a busy Devil as well

    ISADORA HAD COME to the conclusion that Halloween, ironically, was not the holiday for creatures from Hell — not only had Mazikeen stomped on her heart and then walked away just like that, it seemed that Lucifer had been a busy Devil as well. Izzy had been walking back to the police car with her mind swarming with thoughts and questions that she desperately tried to solve when Chloe had sent her a message. Already hopeful of something more to do in order to get her mind off of what had gone down, Izzy had eagerly taken out her phone, only to discover that Lucifer had, 1) stolen Dan's gun and badge, 2) used aforementioned badge to illegally get files from the hospital, and 3) punched Dan, therefore getting himself kicked off of the case.

          "What is it with you two?", Izzy groaned while slumping down behind the wheel and shutting the door behind her, yet the annoyance lacing her words didn't stop her from making it her mission to find Lucifer and talk to him. Hopefully, he'd be better at communication than his right-hand demon.

          She automatically assumed that Lucifer would make his way to Lux where he'd somberly sip on a drink, and she wasn't too far off. As she entered the club and let her gaze roam from the balcony, she found the man sitting by the piano, his fingers lazily wandering across the keys, the very familiar tune of The Unforgiven echoing throughout the eerily quiet club. Without even realizing, Izzy started to tap her fingers against the railing of the balcony to the notes, all the while looking down at the mess of a man — and she let herself wonder if the song choice was reflecting on what he was feeling on the inside. It was clear he was ridden with something dark, guilt perhaps, and although Izzy was curious regarding the case of his supposed angel brother, she was more worried. Sunken with it, really, she just wanted to hug Lucifer and tell him that it was going to be okay and that he wasn't as bad of a person as he seemed to deem himself.

          Izzy jumped as the peace in the club was split apart, initially by the wrong, twisted notes that Lucifer carelessly slammed his hands onto, and then his roaring shouts. "Out! All of you out!", he stood up from the piano, and as the dressed ladies and dapper men rushed towards the exit, Izzy straightened her frame and remained footed right where she was, no intentions to leave him alone at a time like this. She waited until the club was empty, just her and Lucifer in the silent room, his anguish the loudest thing between them.

          "Hey", Izzy started out slow and careful, not wanting to overstep or break any unspoken boundaries in her attempt to capture Lucifer's attention.

         Turning to the source of the sound, Lucifer's eyes were tired, and so was the soft chuckle that escaped his mouth at the sight of Isadora. "Did the Detective send you here to reprimand me of my inappropriate actions?", he mocked while twirling back around to the piano, almost taking a sip of the glass he had left on top of it only to realize he had dumped his cigarette in it.

         While quietly descending the stairs, Izzy shook her head. "Nothing like that. I wanted to check up on you, make sure you were okay, which clearly isn't the case, so...", she trailed off, slowly approaching the untamed beast she carried a heart full of sympathy for. "You really punched Dan?", she was too curious to not ask, and the laugh that rose from Lucifer's throat was confirmation enough, making Izzy smile shamelessly. Of course, she wasn't glad that Dan, who had been through so much already, had to be on the wrong end of a fist but the image she was picturing in her head was somewhat amusing, nevertheless. Lucifer and Dan certainly had an interesting dynamic.