expectations

20: expectations

this is my new fAvoRite calum gif ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also i apologize but this is nowhere near edited

I was slowly moving around the kitchen as I prepared two cups of peppermint ginger tea; one for myself and one for Calum. He was on his way, and would be arriving at any time. I placed the mugs on a tray next to the two bowls of oatmeal I had made. I had no idea whether or not Calum liked oatmeal, but I knew oatmeal was bland enough to stomach whenever people were sick, and it's also good for your immune system.

Just as I went to lift the tray, the doorbell rang and echoed throughout the house. I breathed in deeply as I pulled myself together, and I left the tray as I made my way out of the kitchen and to the front door.

What would my dad think if he knew I was sneaking boys in? Who had I become?

I pushed my random thoughts into the back of my head and continued to the door, unlocking it just before opening it swiftly. Immediately I could tell how much better Calum looked than I did. Seeing myself in the mirror this morning had been a horrifying experience.

"Oh, Maya," Calum said, taking in my appearance. He wrapped his arms around me before a second could pass and I sniffled as I tried to laugh quietly. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, Calum," I told him, laughing quietly as he pulled away to look at me. "How come you're not so sick?"

"I rarely ever get to a point where I look sick," Calum said, followed by a sniffle. "I'm probably just as sick as you are, it just doesn't make it to my eyes."

"I look ugly, don't I?" I asked, laughing as I opened the door wider and invited him in.

"You do not look ugly," Calum told me after I closed the door. I turned toward him and he breathed in deeply. "You just look tired and pale, and I know that's not normal for you. You look just short of pitiful, but still beautiful." I smiled to myself as Calum continued and I saw a small smile play on his lips.

"I made us some breakfast," I told Calum, pulling him with me as I walked back into the kitchen.

"Oh, you didn't have to do that." I walked over to the tray, but Calum had the same idea and grabbed it before I could. "I want to help," he told me and I gave him a smile before nodding my head. "Should I take this to the living room?"

"Oh... yeah, I guess. I had almost taken it upstairs, but we should probably stay in the living room," I said, now realizing that if we took it upstairs we would have to lay in bed together.

"You sure? If you want to lay down, I can take a chair up—"

"You drive me insane." Calum's head tilted in confusion at my words and I sighed quietly. "Never mind. Let's go upstairs... it's warmer up there." Calum's head nodded slowly and I led the way as we walked upstairs to my bedroom. I breathed in deeply before opening my door and directed Calum where to place the tray as he walked in behind me. I shut the door behind us as he did what I had told him, and I crawled into my bed, sitting against the farthest wall that my bed was pushed against. Calum started to look around, as if he was looking for somewhere to sit and my eyes rolled before I reached forward and grabbed his wrist, pulling him down onto the bed. "Do you even like me?" I tried to joke, but was actually slightly frustrated with him.