Twenty-five • Waves

Queen Felicity Lowell's Point of View

After I have dressed comfortably, just like what Dimitrius has told me, I still had no idea where he's planning to take me. Right now, I am wearing a casual yellow dress that flows down until below my knees. I matched it with a pair of white doll shoes that Amara gave me.

Dimitrius waited for me patiently and after I've bid my goodbye to the witches' territory, he held my hand tightly and like a bubble popping into thin air, we were in a completely different place.

I didn't know whether I was already in the humans' territory or Dimitrius'. All I knew was that I felt peaceful and safe around him. Whatever loneliness that crowded me when I was with the sorceresses was long gone.

"Where are we?" I asked Dimitrius as my eyes blinked multiple times, adjusting to my surroundings. Everything I saw was nature. Beautiful trees, flowers, butterflies, and even the smell was earthly.

It looked so beautiful and the breeze hugged me like it was welcoming me to this place. I breathed deeply as if I have not been breathing for days. Serenity and freedom, that's what I felt.

"Let's walk, there's a better place out there," Dimitrius said. I doubted that there was anything else better than where we were. Nonetheless, I followed him but my eyes still lingered in the tall trees that surrounded us and the flowers that scattered the whole place.

This forest held so much tranquility that I could feel my heart beat, my breaths, and our footsteps.

It wasn't evening yet because I could still feel the warmth of the sun that shone through us like fire touching our skin. Dimitrius did not flinch nor did he seemed like he felt anything when sunlight hit his body.

"This is beautiful," I whispered and this time, I wasn't looking anywhere but his eyes as I said those words. Was I referring to the forest or him? I probably meant it for both.

"I have already seen someone more beautiful," he replied while also staring straight into my eyes. Once again, I felt the heat on my skin but it was not because of the sun but because my cheeks felt hot with his compliment.

Never has any man with the exception of Dimitrius Stone made myself blush that's why I let my hair fall to the side of my face, attempting to hide my smile and my complexion?

But it was soon stopped when Dimitrius held the strands of my hair and tucked it behind my ear. "Don't hide from me, love. I love to see you smile," he said. Many people have said things such as compliments to me but why does it feel much different when it comes from Dimitrius?

I haven't hidden from anyone before but with him, I feel something that never occurred to me before. What was it? I didn't know for sure. My mind must have drifted somewhere else when I felt his hand on my shoulder.

"We're here."

I didn't notice where we were heading until we were already there. As soon as my eyes saw the place, my mouth fell instantly. It was like love at first sight.

Mesmerizing. Captivating. Beautiful. No words can describe what scenery was in front of me. The ocean. That was where he brought me and it looked better than any fairytale, pictures, or words that anyone has told me. It was a perfection to my eyes.