Chapter 32 - Do you want this?

A/N. Disclaimer: This chapter is a loooong one and also has some mildly mature content. Please be mindful and skip those parts if you don't wish to read it.
Happy Reading!😊

She was laughing, laughing so hard that tears were streaming down her face.

"And then he said he didn't need any of the papers"

She held out a hand to him, not able to take any more laughter.
"Stop it! Abhi...please...you're going to make me pee my pants."

"He is such a moron sometimes. I can't even deal with him sometimes." Abhi said, grinning widely, and shaking his head.

The new intern seemed to be really smart and good at his job, but basically lacked any social conduct. Everyday Abhi came up with a new story of the elusive Jonathon. It cracked Siya up everytime.

"Are we still on for the movie night this Friday?", Abhi asked Siya as he worked in the kitchen, chopping some lettuce for the salad.

It amazed Siya how things had taken a drastic turn. For better or for worse, she was yet to decide. It was like a pendulum, sometimes she felt so grateful to have her friend back but the other times she felt a sharp pang of longing for the man she loved.

After she had agreed to be best friends with him again, and work on getting over the 'romantic feelings' as Abhi so fondly called her love for him, interactions between them had definitely gotten better than before. After a few days of forced conversations, they had become more and more settled in their old roles as each other's best friends.

Abhi had been right, it was easy and natural between them. The friendship, the understanding of what the other thought and felt, completing each other's sentences. They had even started giving each other high-fives again.

Abhi had gone back to being the wonderful bestfriend that he had always been to her.

The only time they had to 'act' romantic was when they went out to parties, or galas or some damned overly public outing.

But even on that front, they seemed to have reached an understanding of sorts. They had set unspoken boundaries and neither of them crossed these. They kept their interactions and physical contact to a strict 'oh-so-sweet' zone instead of the 'oh-so-hot' zone that they were in before. Which meant no kisses and no lingering touches or hugs.

Which meant Siya was trying so hard to enjoy their newfound truce, but was failing miserably. She sometimes felt like letting out a frustrated scream into her pillow. Why? Why did Abhi have to be the most attractive person on the planet? Why did he have to be such an amazing friend? And above all...why did he have to be such a great guy?

When he was being horrible to her, it was atleast easy to manage her feelings. But when he was being all friendly and attentive like he used to be before, somehow her love for him seemed to never be under control anymore. She knew she was going to reach her limit soon. And when she did, she didn't know what would become of their relationship...or even their marriage.

Even so, she was determined to try, try to get back to being friends, try to let go of her feelings for him. A task she was failing at miserably. But she was going to fake it till she made it.

"Yep. What are we watching?" She asked, stirring the almost ready pasta.

"Anything would do." He said, not looking up from the chore he was so focused on.

"Uh-huh. That's what you said last time and we spent an hour going back and forth between the options. You've gotta take a pick." She said, looking at him over the shoulder.