46

n// you guys are vicious my gosh

also no picture because im on my mobile so there ya go

anyways enjoy this cute little klaus and darla chapter!! love you

The concert had gone well, and the visit of Edward's had gone even better. The Mikaelson family were all surprisingly nice to Edward, each conversing with him and getting to know him better. For Darla's sake, of course, and it worked.

Klaus still wasn't too keen on sharing Darla, but after a session with Cami, she made him see that he was being perfectly normal. What parent would be completely open to the idea of someone else coming in and making themselves a parent in your child's life?

But Cami also made him see that Darla has enough love in her heart for the both of them. Most kids had two parents anyways — therefore the prospect of Darla having two fathers wasn't odd at all. In fact, tons of kids had two dads. Of course, those were under different circumstances, but little did that matter.

What mattered was that Klaus was actually learning how to be tolerant of someone else in his daughter's life, and that was a big deal. No one in the Mikaelson family ever thought they'd see the day, and everyone knew it.

But, back to the point at hand, the Mikaelson family was kind to the strange man they welcomed into their home. And by kind, that means they didn't kill him or threaten him in any way. They were polite (aside from Kol, of course, but Darla had warned Edward about him beforehand) and conversed with him. They talked about a lot of things. The bar, how long he'd lived in the quarter, Darla, and even some funny little childhood anecdotes.

The night was good. Everything was good. And Darla couldn't have been happier. When Edward eventually had to leave, there was a little bit of sadness, but it didn't laugh for long. Edward kissed his little girl goodnight and left the mansion, leading Darla into the presence of her other father.

"Happy?" Klaus asked, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and pulling her into his side.

"Yeah." She smiled. "I'm really happy."

Klaus smiled and kissed her on the head, sitting on the couch and relaxing, Darla curling into his side.

"You like him, don't you?" Darla asked in a teasing manner, letting her eyes flutter softly shut.

"Beg pardon?"

"Edward. You like him, don't you?"

"If you're insinuating that I have a crush on Edward, you're in for a rude awakening, darling."

Darla laughed, hiding her face in her father's chest. It was a melodic giggle, one that send a wave of love — more like a tsunami — crashing over Klaus Mikaelson.

"No, you jerk," She giggled. "You like him as a person. Everyone knows that you like Cami."

Klaus furrowed his eyebrows, glancing down at her.

"And what do you know about how I feel about Cami? Eh?" He asked, nudging her a little bit.

"I see the way you look at her, is all."