Chapter 11 - The Last Day

I wake up to my alarm and groan in annoyance before remembering that today is the last day and there's only the certificate distribution ceremony at the academy. Why is it so early in the morning? To top it off Ares insisted on me getting all dressed up. It's not like I'm graduating. I get out of bed and go to the bathroom. I put on the Ares chose for me. It's a blue dress that ends above my knees along with a black long coat and knee-high black boots. There's a knock on my door and I go open to see Ares. "Hey, good morning." I greet him. "Good morning. You look wonderful. Let's start with the makeup." Ares compliments. "Okay. You guys are seriously going to come, aren't you?" I ask. "Yes, we are. You shouldn't be alone at such a proud moment." Ares says. "I just completed a course for which I'm getting a certificate for, it's not that big a deal," I inform him. "It is. You should be proud of everything you achieve no matter how little it is." Ares tells me. He then starts my makeup. First a little base then eyeshadow, which he does gold and blue. He finishes with a dark red lipstick. "Thanks. For being there. My dad was supposed to come along with Jer, we were going to spend the weekend here; see the monuments and everything. It means a lot to me." I tell Ares after he's done. "You're welcome. It means a lot to us too." Ares says. "You guys done? It's time to go." Noah says as he walks in. "Yeah let's go." I agree. "You look amazing by the way." Noah compliments and I smile in thanks.

We reach the academy within 5 minutes since we came in the car and Noah was the one driving. We get inside and go towards the hall where the ceremony will be held. We walk and sit in the front since Ares insisted, he wanted to take Polaroids. He is very serious about being proud of every achievement. "I think I'm going to have a panic attack," I say as we sit down. "It will be fine Elle. Just take deep breaths." Ares assures me. After a few minutes, the head of the Fine Arts department Mrs.Williams comes on stage and then the owner Mr.Miller joins her. Our teachers are already sitting in the front row. They start the ceremony by a speech from Mr.Miller who thanks all the parents and friends there for support before congratulating everyone on our achievement. After the speech, Mrs.Williams starts handing the certificates. As my name is called out I take a deep breath and walk onto the stage. Mr.Miller congratulates me and hands me the certificate. Noah and Ares clap loudly and Mr.Miller laughs a bit I smile apologetically. I get down from the stage and sit back in my seat. After everyone is given their certificates we leave and get in the car. "So where are we going?" I ask as we head in the opposite direction of the penthouse. "It's a surprise." Is all Ares says before turning on music.

After an hour of driving the car stops and we all get out. I see that we are standing in front of Broadway. "So we are here for a Broadway show?" I ask them. "No we're here for a marathon," Ares states like it's the most normal thing. "What?" I ask dumbfounded. We're here for a marathon? "Well it's your last day here so we thought we should celebrate and since you hate clubs, this was the best option," Noah tells me. "Thanks. What all are we going to see?" I ask Noah. "That you will have to wait and see," Noah replies. I huff but follow them in. We sit a few rows from the stage right in the middle of the row. I look around seeing the whole theatre empty. "Did you... you compelled the whole theatre for us?" I ask Noah. He smirks and nods. I sigh before relaxing back in my seat. After a few minutes music starts and I focus on the stage. As the music fades for the 'Phantom Of The Opera' I feel tears gather in my eyes but also fall in love with the story. The 'marathon' had started with 'Chicago' which I liked a bit but not as much as 'Phantom Of The Opera' which was second in the 'marathon'. "Come on its intermission. We'll get some lunch then come back." Noah tells me. "Okay. Let's go." I agree and we leave. We start walking towards someplace Ares loves.

We reach in a few minutes. It's a small bistro of sorts and we go in and sit down. Ares orders burgers because he claims they're the best thing. Our burgers arrive soon and even though Noah wouldn't admit it they were amazing. After paying for the lunch we leave to go back to the theatre for the rest of the marathon which included two more plays. We reach the theatre and sit back in our earlier seats. The music starts soon and I recognize it to be Aladdin. I smile excited to see it. The Beauty and The Beast music fades and I smile and turn to hug Ares. "Thank you," I whisper to him. "I'm glad you enjoyed it. Come on let's go back home and we can have homemade dinner." Ares says. I laugh a little and nod. "Okay." I agree, once we get up I hug Noah and thank him. He doesn't say anything just hugs me back. "Let's go," Noah says pulling back and we leave the theatre. We get in the car and Ares drives back towards home. We reach a little later than expected because of the tremendous traffic. "Why don't you go change into something more comfortable? I'll come help you pack the last of your clothes ate I change too." Ares tells me. "Okay. Do you need help with dinner?" I ask Noah. "No. I got it." Noah tells me with a smile. I smile back and nod. I had towards my room.