1.

8 Months Ago

Please oh please, I thought to myself. Please! I really need this job. I spent every single cent I have moving down here, buying the appropriate clothing for this climate, I've been evicted from my tiny caravan and I have no where to go.

I sat at the large mahogany desk. I had to admit the chairs were very comfortable. Mr Black stared at my resume.

"You do know what I'm asking of you, don't you?" Came his low and rough voice.

"Yes Sir." I replied. I couldn't breathe. My life literally depended on me getting this job.

I had applied for a position of a housekeeper at Mr Black's mansion. It was huge. I could fit the caravan I had lived in, in his study at least three times over.

I tried my hardest not to look around me. I was amazed by this room alone, but I tried not to look too intrigued in the decorations.

"This job entails that you will keep this place as clean as possible. All the furniture will be kept in dust protectors. When I am in residence, your main focus will be the kitchen, my study and my bedroom unless I notify you. This is my business house. I host a variety of events here up to five times a year. "

"Yes Sir." I nodded as he spoke.

"I will give you a week's notice before such events and a day's notice before my return each time I will be coming back here."

I nodded again.

"When I do host such events, I don't expect you to do the whole nine yards. You will be responsible for hiring catering services, party planners and even photographers if need be. I will inform you of each occasion and how it will be detailed."

"Of course Sir." I felt jittery and I hoped that it never showed in my voice.

Mr Black sighed as he looked up from my resume to me.

"Why are you applying for this job?"

I was expecting this question. "I've just moved here and I need a job. I may not be qualified to your standards, but I'm a fast learner. I pick things up really quickly."

I saw the frown on my possible employers face. "I needed a change of scenery." That was the truth.

After a very long minute Mr Black stood and I followed suit. He fixed up his jacket as he stepped towards me. "Right then."

I froze as I stood on my feet looking at him. His dark chestnut hair was short, but slicked back and his dark grey eyes watched me.

"Follow me."

I obeyed as I walked out of the lavish study.

"Now this is my entertainment room."

My eyes widened. I could fit my childhood houses in this room alone. There were chairs and lounges and side tables scattered everywhere, a grand staircase in the middle of the room. I saw a huge beautiful white piano tucked in a corner with a bar and beautiful stools. I looked up to the roof and saw the glass ceiling. The room was at least three if not four stories high.

I followed Mr Black to another room. It was a large formal dining room. The extremely long table held many chairs. I counted as we walked by.

Fourteen, sixteen, eighteen, nineteen. Nineteen chairs. Wow. We went into another room and I found myself in a kitchen. The first half looked large but homey. I saw the appliances on the bench tops as I kept following Mr Black. The second half of the room had a small washing machine and dryer hidden and a table that fitted about three chairs.