Chapter 87

I'm sick
I've been in bed with food poisoning for a while. I have a lot on my mind lately. I knew that you guys would kill me so here you go.
Enjoy!

*****

"He wants her to go through the Omertà"

The second I heard the words I felt the blood drain from my face. What?

"WHAT?" Christofer voiced my thoughts. Instantly, my hands slid from his back. I stared at the floor as I realized how fucked up I was. 

"He said that we can't trust her unless she goes through the code. Said since we like her so much we should make her an official member of the family." Felix said through the phone. 

"Fuck. Who gave him the right?" Chris hissed through the phone, making me cover my face in worry. I had no way out of this. I couldn't escape this without getting caught. I was so scared that I didn't notice how Chris hang up. 

"Gabby?" He asked me as he gently shook me. The words finally drowned on me and I sucked in a heavy breath. 

"Are you okay?" He asked me, making me shake my head. I wasn't alright. 

"That fucking bastard" He swore under his breath, making me look at him and take a deep breath. 

"Chris, I don't understand why does he want me to go through the Omertà? Do you find it necessary?" I questioned as I stared into his eyes. 

"You know about Omertà?" He asked me, seeming surprised. I gasped as I realized that I had said something extremely dangerous.

"Yes" I addmited.

"How?" He asked me through a caugh. I frowned as I realized that he wasn't in his bed again.

"Get in bed, Chris. You need rest" I said as I stood up.

"I'm not done" He said as I felt his strong fingers wrap around my wrist. He pulled me back making me crush into his chest.

"You need to rest if you want to get out of here" I said breathlessly. Our chests were crushing against each other and I could feel his erratic heartbeat. Slowly, his fingers let go of my wrist as he took a step back.

"Talk, Gabriella. Tell me how do you know about this?" He asked me. His voice was deep, filled with some type of emotion. He sat down on his bed as he leaned on the headboard, making me cover him instantly. I ignored the burning stare he gave me as I wrapped the blanket around him and made my way back to my own bed.

Silently I sat down, leaning on the headboard myself. I covered my legs and looked at Chris, knowing he was looking at me.

"I've learned it from Victor" I mumbled. Immediately his eyes shone with anger.

"Why would he tell you about it?" He asked me, making me shake my head.

"I don't know, Chris. He talked about a lof of stuff to me. I managed to figure out the rest for myself" I said.

"How much do you know?" Something in his eyes told me he didn't believe me.

"I know that its a code of silence about criminal activity and a refusal to give evidence to the police" I said, keeping the rest away.

"That's right" He gave me a nod.

"If you complete the oath of Omertá you become an unbreakable part of the mafia. You become an official member. You belong to that family" He said, making chills run up my spine. I knew well enough.

"And do you know what happens when you break your oath?" Chris asked me through a caugh. I shook my head even though I knew better than he could imagine.

Death

That was the price of betraying your family. Your mafia family. The Santobello's did not show mercy for traitors. Nor did we. The Abandonatto's.

"You pay for it with your life, Gabriella" He said, his tone turning serious. I didn't have to ask to know that Christofer had gone through Omertà himself. All of the official members had to go through that. It would have to be completed when they'd reach maturity. Once they hit eighteen the outh had to be done.

"Oh" I said.

"You can't take this lightly, Gabriella" Chris said.

"If you accept the oath then you will be bound to us. You will belong to us" He said.

Accepting the oath would mean selling my soul. Selling my soul to him. I couldn't do it. I couldn't do that to my family.

"But I do not want to accept the oath. Not because I am not loyal but I do not feel comfortable with tieing my life with this" I voiced, clearly lying.

I was ready to do this. But not for the Santobello's. I belonged to the Abandonatto's and my loyalty would have to be with them. I had to complete the oath once I'd turn eighteen. And being on the run never let me get the chance.

It was important for me. I was ready to pour my blood and cell my soul to my family. But was I ready to let this man be my master? Was I ready to let Christofer become my official boss?

Could I let my feelings for him blind me?

"As much as I hate to agree with him I think that he was right. It is time for you to accept the oath, Gabriella. I think that you sha'll go through Omertá" Christofer said, making my stomach drop.

How was I going to give myself to this man? If I agreed then I would become a traitor to my family. An outcast