Chapter Five

Charlie's POV

I was able to convince Mama to let me spend the day with Bendy alone. I told her his name was Benny and he was another child prodigy like me and that he was new in the area, and I wanted to show him everything Magic Kingdom had to offer. At first she was hesitant, then I told her that Wally had wandered off to find his friends and needed her attention; Mama was off to look for him in seconds.

Dad had left with the other coworker; apparently he was needed in Animal Kingdom to help out on some animatronics in an attraction. Now it was just Bendy and me. So much for family fun day.

"Alright, so where're we gonna find the mouse?" he asked me.

I pondered to myself about all the attractions and places Mickey would appear in. I've only ever seen guys in those big costumes, and if I did see the real Mickey, it was animation or a drawing. How was I gonna do this?

"Well, he appears in a lot of places, but there's mostly just people who wear costumes. I don't think I've ever really seen him,"

"That's ok," Bendy assured me, "we'll just go to those places. I'll know him when I see him! So, where to first!"

"Hmm... he appears in a lot of shows around Main Street U.S.A, right in front of the castle. He's also in a lot of parades but streets are crowded during that time... so, I'd say our best bet is to follow a Mickey-like person after a show or something and see where he goes...?" I guessed.

"Good! Let's find a way to kill time then! Let's explore a little!" Bendy said.

"You mean go on rides and stuff...?"

"Well yeah. I'd like to see how Disney's parks came out. Never went to 'em myself!"

"Alright..." I looked around, thinking of a good ride, "how about... Haunted Mansion? It's one of my favorites!"

"Lead the way!"

Bendy linked arms with me, and I lead him toward Liberty Square. Bendy walked a little slowly, most likely taking in the sights around him. I thought maybe I could take him to meet some characters and do thrill rides later, if he felt like it. A small girl, maybe two years younger than me, toddled by in a Queen Elsa dress and holding her mom's hand, quickly earning a smile from Bendy.

"Look at the lil' tyke! So many happy kids in one place... I sure wish I coulda' done the same as Mick..." he said.

"You didn't? You're a toon aren't you?" I asked.

"Yeah, but my style was a lil' to dark for kiddies, so you can bet I was canceled pretty fast,"

"What! Come on, Disney's the one that put Donald Duck in a Nazi concentration camp,"

Bendy put a hand over his mouth to keep from laughing but kept a big grin.

"Well yeah, but that was during war times, it was a propaganda toon,"

"Well, yeah, I guess that's true—!"

I bumped into someone mid sentence and fell over, collapsing into Bendy. Slightly dazed, and pissed, I sat back up to confront the lady but went silent when I actual saw her.

"Oh my! Sorry, little ones! I didn't see you! Still not very used to these legs, you know!"

It was Princess Ariel, or rather a Cast Member dressed as her. She held out her hands and pulled Bendy and I back up, patting Bendy on the head after she did.

"Aren't you the cutest!" Ariel gave a big smile, "I hope you plan on visiting my world under the sea! Word is my friend Sebastian is going to put on a wonderful concert!"

She gave a wink before gracefully walking away to say hello to some little kids that wanted her picture.

"Wow-ee! She's something! Who is she?" Bendy asked.

"Princess Ariel from Disney's The Little Mermaid 1989..." I said instinctively.

"Oh! Does she have a ride or something? We should see that after this mansion!"

I finally grasped what we witnessed and felt both panicked and suspicious. We were in Liberty Square, which was the most boring place in the whole park, and was only popular for the Haunted Mansion. There weren't any characters to meet here, they're all commonly located in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

Why the actual FUCK was Ariel here?