e i g h t

"Ohayou...ohayou...ohayougozai...mas-ue..."

Chaeyoung frowned at the book in front of her, the tip of her pen pushed against her lip. Her eyes focused on the new characters before her before flickering to the chart she had printed out beside her.

"Chaeng!" She heard from her room, and she paused in her studying. It was Dahyun, probably back from grocery shopping.

The door opened and Dahyun smiled as she approached the smaller. "Hey. What's up?"

Chaeyoung looked up from her spot on the floor. "Oh, nothing. Just studying Japanese."

The smile slowly fell from Dahyun's face. "For Mina, huh?"

"Yeah. I want to impress her with my skills. I have a feeling she may like me. I really hope so—"

"I don't see why you want to impress her," Dahyun snapped with a frown. "She's nothing but a grouchy hermit."

Chaeyoung slammer her pencil down and gave Dahyun a look that wasn't quite a glare, but pretty close. "What is up, Dahyun? Every time I talk about Mina, you have an attitude! And for no reason! Do you not want me to be happy?"

Dahyun sighed. "I do, I really do. But you won't be happy with her, Chaeng. I promise you—"

"You don't even know Mina like I do! I trust her not to hurt me!"

Chaeyoung suddenly thought back to the day her and Mina went on a picnic, and Chaeyoung sort of confessed her crush. Mina had told her to not crush on the Japanese native, but hadn't given a solid reason. Therefore, Chaeyoung wouldn't stop until Mina had feelings for her, or she found someone else to crush on. And the latter seem the least likely to happen.

Dahyun huffed, then reached into her pocket and pulled out what looked like a small photo. She practically shoved it at Chaeyoung, who took it with confusion.

"That's what you're dealing with if you continue with Mina."

The photo was of a headstone and a grave, green grass around it cut, and a single flower lying on top of the grave. Chaeyoung examined it in confusion, looking up at her unnie.

"What about it? It's a grave."

Dahyun nodded. "Exactly! Why would a normal person keep that in their house?"

"Well, I..." Chaeyoung frowned. "Have you been in Mina's house? Did you sneak in?"

"No, but her friend, Sana, was nice enough to let me inside. She knows you and I are close, so it wasn't that hard."

"Why were you there?" The younger felt herself getting angry at her friend, for invading Mina's private space. Only Mina can invite people into her home.

"Looking for you! You just slept over and then didn't come straight home! What did you expect me to do? Simply wait?"

"It didn't give you a right to go to her house! You could've called me!"

"I didn't think about that! Ugh! Anyways, you should pay attention to the photo. Hopefully it'll knock some sense into you, Chaeng."

With that, Dahyun exited the room, leaving Chaeyoung to examine the picture in her hand. Her eyes squint while trying to read the tombstone. She recognized some of the characters, as it was in Japanese, but not all. She couldn't help but wonder who it was underground, and hoped it wasn't any of Mina's relatives.

Chaeyoung tucked the picture into her pocket, it leaving her mind for a while as she went back to studying.

"Okay. Let's try this again...ohayou...gozaimas-ue...no..."

Sorry for such the long wait! I'm horrible, I know :(

Don't forget to comment the next ship you want to see! SaiDa might be next! :)