✧Goodbye Big Brother✧

Dedication goes to sprayberry for being the first to comment. thank you very very much.

Chapter 1- ✧Goodbye Big Brother✧

"Are you sure you're going to be okay? You can always come with me," Isaac offered for the hundredth time as we hugged in the airport. His flight was supposed to be leaving soon and I knew our time together was coming to an end but I just couldn't bring myself to unwrap my arms around him.

I nodded my head which was currently resting on his chest. "You have nothing to worry about, brother Wolf, I'll be fine here."

I could hear a rumble in Isaac's chest which told me he was laughing at my nick name. Ever since he'd gotten bitten and became a werewolf I made it my duty to come up with nicknames and puns for him, it was little things like those that could keep my mind off of the bad ones. Isaac never minded it, he'd always just be happy to see me smile, it's something neither of us had really done when dad was around.

Don't think about him, I told myself, He's done controlling me. He'll never touch me again.

"If there's a single guy that so much as touches you inappropriately I will tear off his hands, okay? If he breaks your heart I will kill him," Isaac swore to me.

I chuckled, knowing my brother didn't exactly have it in him to kill anyone.

"I don't like leaving you," Isaac whispered.

"Stop it," I attempted to say in a firm voice but I know that probably didn't happen. I wasn't exactly the assertive type. "You've been doing what's best for me for the past fourteen years. Do something for yourself for once. I won't hate you for living your life."

"You don't need to hate me 'cause I hate myself." Isaac mumbled. He pulled away slightly so he could look into my eyes, the one's that looked like exact replica's of his. Our eyes were really the only physical feature we had in common. I mean, we used to share the scars from dad but those healed on Isaac when he turned into a werewolf. 

"Isaac, please stop worrying about me. I'm the one who worries, remember?" I asked, forcing a smile onto my face. I've gotten good at lying and pretending to be fine, I'd have to do so a lot when people asked where my bruises and such would come from.

Isaac shook his head. "But what if something happens to you? What if you have an anxiety attack or worse and I won't be there to help you Charlotte! I can't do this I can't leave you all alone-"

"She won't be alone," Said Scott as he came up to Isaac and I. The young alpha gave us both a reassuring grin that I've learned to love. "I'll protect her I promise."

"Yeah, me too," Stiles piped in as he awkwardly through up his hand as if he was reminding us of his presence. Stiles may be really strange but I can't help but like his spastic tendencies.

Isaac nodded at his two friends, his two pack members. He and Stiles may not always get along but this still meant a lot to my brother. A woman came on the speakers to say that the flight would be boarding soon and it wasn't until that moment that I truly realize that this was going to happen.

Isaac sensed my wave of emotions and pulled me into a tight embrace once more. "It's okay Char, I love you. I'll always love you, no matter what."

"Promise?" I whispered, tears finally spilling from my eyes.

"Promise," Isaac confirmed, pulling away from me just enough so he'd be able to crane his neck down to kiss my forehead. "Call me if anything happens or if you just need to talk."

"Okay," I said, nodding to my brother. My brother stared at me for a second, checking me over to see if I was internally freaking out. He knew me, I would be dying on the inside without ever telling a soul. I was just to scared to tell anyone.

"It's time to go," Mr.Argent said softly to my brother. Isaac nodded, wiping away my tears and his own before grabbing his carry on bag. With one last hug my brother was gone.

"Goodbye Big Brother," I whispered as Isaac disappeared from sight.

I wrapped my arms around myself as if I was holding myself together. Now that Isaac was gone I was able to be scared. I hadn't let it show before because I didn't want to hold him back but now all I could feel was worry. It was like this pit in my stomach had opened up and were feeding me horrible idea's. What if Isaac just forgot about me and never came back? I'm nothing more then a useless family member.

Useless. Dad had been sure to burn that word into my memory.

"What the hell Charlotte, why aren't the dishes done?" Dad screeched. His demeanor may not be too bad yet but the tone of his voice told me I was not going to have a peaceful night. Even eleven-year old me would be able to tell when these kind of things would happen.

"I just got home from school," I whimpered, cowering away from the older man.

"Dad, leave her alone, she just needs time," My brother, Isaac, said to defend me. I cringed at his words, knowing that they'd just get my brother in trouble because he was trying to help me.

Dad growled at Isaac before turning to me, "We're not finished here so don't you dare move."

And I didn't move a muscle as I watched dad grab Isaac by the collar of his shirt and drag him downstairs. I heard shouts and closed my eyes in hopes to drown them out. It didn't work. It never did.

It didn't take long for dad to come back up the stairs, Isaac no longer anywhere to be seen. I knew what had happened to my brother, he'd been thrown into the fridge. Tears fought to escape my eyes as I realized what I was forcing my brother to withstand. If only I had done the dishes sooner, then Isaac wouldn't be a floor below me having a mental breakdown.

"You," Dad snarled, pointing at me which caused me to flinch. "Worthless. if your mom never had you she'd still be here right now and you wouldn't be. She knew how to do things around the house. She'd be so disappointed in you. You're the reason she and your brother are gone. you killed them both."

It didn't matter if I knew my brother had died in combat, I would still blame myself. It's just how I worked. When your told at a young age that things are your fault they tend to stick. I always knew I was worthless so there wasn't a point in fighting my father on the matter.

"I'm sorry," I sobbed out, not able to contain my fear any longer.

As anticipated, dad brought his hand down on my cheek in a loud 'smack' before he made his way over to the dishes. "Look at these," he said in a sinister voice, pulling out a dirty knife, "I guess I'll have to clean them myself, won't I?" 

Dad sauntered back over to me and I was actually quaking with fear.He grabbed my shirt sleeve and began whipping the knife clean on it. Suddenly, he cut into my upper arm with it.

"You moved," Dad said, blaming yet another thing on me, "I don't see why Isaac even bothers to stand up for you. It's only a matter of time before he realizes you're a waste of time."

I shuttered at the horrible memory that I'll never be able to escape as I began to cry even more. I felt an arm drape over my shoulder and I was soon leaning into Scott, allowing him to comfort me.  Scott was one of the few people who had managed to trust, one of the few people who could reach out to me and I wouldn't cower away from.

"Stiles went out to start the car," Scott said softly, "Do you want to head out to."

Not able to utter a single word, I nodded my head. Scott gently guided me out to Stile's Jeep, his arm hanging over me protectively like he was shielding me from the world. I was grateful that I was going to be living with him, even if he was a true alpha thing.

------------------

 So you lovely people got this book to 100 reads already (I think that's a pretty great accomplishment) so I updated this already! Thanks for the support you've given me. If the scene with her dad made you uncomfortable don't worry, that was just there to let you know what she's been through. Flashbacks won't be very consistent.

Question- How do you like Charlotte's character so far?

Comment! Vote! Fan!