emma

Enjoy! 🤍

"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour, and it can never be used to hurt you." — Tyrion Lannister
———————————————————

Chapter 11
<——————————————->

My head was aching. It felt like I just took a huge hit to the skull.

My vision swam as my eyes roamed over the pictures that were stuck on the walls, stuck in history. I stepped closer to one of the pictures. It looked like I kissed Carter willingly.

God, how wrong those pictures were.

Who could have done this? Carter and I were the only two people there last night, unless...

I felt a presence next to me. "The fuck is wrong with you?"

Immediately, I spun toward him.

My face reddened to the color of a tomato. "What's wrong with me?"

"That's what I asked."

I snatched one of the taunting pictures off the closest wall next to me. "You did this, didn't you?!"

He looked at me for a moment, then grabbed the picture from my hands, his eyes roaming over it. They rose back to mine. "You seriously accusing me of this?"

I felt the rage slithering into my bloodstream, taking its rightful place in my heart. "You were the only one there, right? Maybe you and Carter planned this entire thing out."

A mirror of anger shadowed his expression as he stepped closer to me. "Quit accusing me of shit I had nothing to do with."

My face reddened with the rage. "Don't lie to me, Kade. You and your friend were the only people there! Did you set this entire thing up to humiliate me?!" My vision blurred as I shook my head. "God, how could I be so stupid?"

His fists tightened on either side of him. I saw his eyes darken after every single world either of us said to one another. "Kimberly, I'm telling you I didn't do—"

I cut him off with words of my own; I didn't want anymore of his bullshit, "I don't care! God...how could I ever think it would be okay to let someone like you into my house?" I immediately regretted saying that last part aloud, but I couldn't focus on it too much right now.

His jaw worked back and forth. "Stop it, Kimberly," he demanded. "You need to—"

"No." Tears blurred my vision. "Maybe this is what I get for trying to be nice to you. Maybe this is my fault for letting such a hot-headed, crazy, selfish asshole like you help me."

Whatever thread he had left had been ripped from right under him. His entire demeanor changed. He took menacing steps to approach me, even closer then he already was. Before I could make a move, the guy that I'd seen with Kade a couple of times, joined in.

He placed a pale hand on top of Kade's sun kissed shoulder. "Ryder, chill."

Kade jerked around toward him, the devil himself controlling his every move. "Don't fucking touch me, Luke." He shoved him back with all his strength, yet his friend remained unfazed.

Luke raised two hands to show his surrender but, stepped closer to Kade. "I'm not trying to do shit to you man, I just need you to chill the fuck out right now."

Kade obviously wasn't having this. He shoved Luke back again, causing his back to hit the orange wall with force.

"Quit talking to me like I'm a goddamn child," Kade snapped at him.