Chapter 121: You May Kiss Ths Bride

When Hank walked up to Tasha he couldn't help but smile. "You look beautiful, kid."

Tasha smiled at him, "Thanks, dad."

"Your parents would be so proud of you." Hank said as he wrapped his arm around hers. He gently grabbed her wrist, a metal item being wrapped around it.

Tasha gazed at the beautiful bracelet. "That was—"

"Your mothers." Hank nodded with a smile. "She would want you to have it."

Tasha smiled at Hank, tears brimming her eyes. "Hank, I— thank you. Thank you for everything you've done for me. Thank you for being my family."

"Thank you for showing me how to be a father again."

"Hank, I'm scared." Tasha whispered as they walked towards the crowd sitting, waiting for them. Waiting for her. "What if I trip? What if I make a fool of myself?"

"Just breathe, kid." Hank reassured me, "I'm right here with ya."

Just breathe.

The concept was simple enough

The concept was simple enough. Lungs taking in oxygen that allowed my body to function. But as I stepped ever so slowly along the aisle, the air couldn't reach my lungs fast enough. I held onto Hank's arm like my life depended on it, and for the moment it did. Everyone's eyes fell onto us — no, not us. Everyone was gazing towards me, in my white dress, walking down the aisle with my adoptive father.

Everything seemed to still as I caught Connor's gaze. His chocolate brown eyes met my green ones and I felt like it was only the two of us left in the world.

•••

As the orchestra began to play, Connor found himself feeling increasingly nervous. He has went over his vows hundreds of times, but he was afraid of messing up. Connor took a deep breath, readjusting his tie for the hundredth time that day.

"Relax." Gavin mumbled to him from across the podium. "You're supposed to be happy, not scared shitless."

Gavin's words oddly calmed Connor down, and not a moment to soon. His eyes widened when he saw Tasha for the first time that day. She looks so...

Beautiful.

Radiant.

Divine.

Perfect.