XII: Anxious

A/N: Y'ALL WE'RE ALMOST AT 25K! 🎉

I'm so grateful for y'all, y'all really love me and I love y'all! I pay attention to what you guys say in the comments and it's so refreshing to see all the different viewpoints.

Also would y'all be down to have mini discussions after each chapter? 🤔

Chapter Twelve

"Bitch you did what! Are you dumb or are you dumb?"

"Kam." I sighed deeply, holding the bridge of my nose in distress. I didn't expect for her to be on my side, but damn a slice of pity would have been nice.

"Girlllll." Kam shook her head in dismay as we drifted into an uncomfortable silence, the light padding of rain hitting against our window setting a somber mood.

"You do realize that you and Nadi still aren't talking right? This shit is just the icing on the cake." She spoke up after what seemed like hours of white noise.

If it was one thing Kamryn hated, it was being caught in the middle of Nadi and I's drama. Since we were kids, Kam always found a way to remain neutral, but this time things were different. Kamryn had found herself going to bat for me, but after hearing about my latest run in with Smoke I knew she was slowly beginning to regret it.

"I'm aware, I'm not stupid Kamryn."

"Well shit you could've fooled me." She scoffed in amusement.

"Wowwww!" I drew my head back out of shock, she was going for the jugular tonight.

"What? Don't play. You been acting dumb behind Smoke since he got back and it's honestly starting to piss me off."

It had only been a few days since the bathroom incident, but two weeks had gone by since Nadia and I had our blow out and the wounds had yet to been bandaged.

I thought the gathering at the bowling alley would ease the tension between us, but Nadi didn't even bother to show.

At this point she was going overboard.  The two of us had been friends for 17 years, so her behavior was nothing new, but her problem with me was now affecting everyone else. Razi was pissed when she called last minute saying she couldn't make it. She claimed Izzy had planned a surprise date night and she couldn't pass, but I knew my best friend and I knew that that was nothing but a cop out. We saw each other every day and every day we brushed past one another like strangers. The entire ordeal was becoming stressful, but I had done everything I could do. My apology wasn't enough for her and as much as I loved Nadia I wasn't about to kiss her ass. At the end of the day this was an issue that needed to be fixed between Raheem and I, not Nadi.

"You need to figure out what you want babygirl, because you're playing a dangerous game." Kam stood now in front of me, her face full of disappointment.