Powerless/Requested

Requested by Empster101

#11: "You're a Monster."

Warnings: Cursing, prepare for Asshole Tony!

———

You just joined the team. You were a shield agent with powerful abilities. You were often afraid of the damage it could do.

So you learned combat instead of practicing your powers. You had similar powers to Wanda Maximoff.

Except without the mind manipulation.

The team knew you hated to use your powers. So they never talked about it.

Then an incident happened, and it happened to be by your powers.

Steve was chasing down this guy. You and Wanda were to stay undercover, until needed.

Sam and Natasha trying to take down his henchmen that followed.

Natasha waved the tube in the air, signaling she had it. You and Wanda smirked at each other, thinking the mission was completed.

Then Steve was battling the man near you. Steve seemed to be panicked and looking at the man wildly.

Then you noticed.

He had bombs attached to his body. He pressed the button and it exploded. Wanda used her powers to make the explosion smaller.

She couldn't contain it for long and she needed some help. You bit your bottom lip and started to help.

You helped her by making the shield bigger. Your hands moved to help her and she smiled.

Then your hands were jolted upwards and the bomb collided with the side of a building. Killing almost anyone in their level.

You sunk to the ground and gasped. Wanda helped you up and gave you a pity look. You felt yourself get lifted up by Steve.

———

You walked into the building, less confident than ever. You couldn't believe what you just did.

You killed a bunch of people, and it was your fault. You groaned in annoyance and put your head into your hands.

You heard arguing coming from the other room. You decided to be quiet and you peeked out the door.

"She needs to be kept inside." Tony argued and Steve shook his head.

"She knows how to control herself, Tony. She isn't a kid." Steve argued back and Tony pinched the bridge of his nose.

"She's dangerous." Tony said and you raised a brow.

"Let's ask her." Steve said and you quickly retreated to your bed. You laid on it until the men walked in.

"Ahem, Y/N?" Steve asked, you turned over to him and you smiled.

"Yeah Steve, Tony?" You asked. Steve crossed his arms and sent Tony a look.

"Y/N, I just thought that you should stay in the tower, ya know, so you won't hurt anyone." Tony said and you scoffed.

"Like hell, I'm staying in here!" You growled and Tony rolled his eyes. Steve looked at you two.

"Y/N, it's for your own good."

"My own good?! I should be out there, helping people." You said and Steve nodded in agreement.

Tony seemed desperate to help you, but he was struggling to persuade you.

"Y/N, Please." He begged and growled in annoyance. You sent him a glare.

"No, Tony." You said and Steve watched as Tony narrowed his eyes at you.

"You're a monster. You know that. You killed so many people and you wanna go back out there." He snarled and you sent him a hurt look.

"At least let me help you by keeping you in the building. It's the safest place you can be." Tony continued and you stepped away from him.

He crossed the line. Steve stood defensively at your side. You felt your heart beat faster at his insults. How could he call you that?

Tony looked at his shoes then back at you.

"Look, Y/N. I'm so-,"

"Fuck off Tony." You cursed and walked out the door. Tony sighed in anger and groaned.

"I messed up again. Nice going Dumbass." He said to himself and watched as you walked down the hall.

Steve sighed and looked at Tony.

"You did the right thing." Steve said and Tony nodded.

"Yeah, It's the only way to keep her safe." Tony replied and Steve stared at the older man. Tony gulped and averted his gaze towards Steve.

"Promise me you'll take care of her." He said and Steve nodded.

"I promise. She won't get hurt Tony." Tony nodded at the response and looked at where you once stood.

"Thanks Steve."