3

I turned to the voice and was startled to see Mr Black standing there in jeans and a long sleeved shirt. A hand flew to my chest as I released the air from my lungs. He startled the day lights out of me.

"Ah, never mind. It's just you." He said bluntly. He walked over to the bar stool and accepted his breakfast and laid out a newspaper he had hidden under his arm.

"Would you like any thing else, Mr Black?" I stammered.

"Coffee, strong, black, three sugars."

I quickly nodded and filled up the kettle and turned it on. Then I remembered about the linen. I casually walked over to the table and picked it up, taking it away to one of the hidden linen closets on the second story.

I rushed back and finished making Mr Black's coffee. I gave it to him without a thank you from him as I turned to the stove top and cleaned up. when I looked up after washing the dishes, I noticed Mr Black was gone. How? I thought to myself. For him to leave, he would have to walk straight past me.

Mr Black returned in to the kitchen and startled me again. I jumped at his voice as I held the countertop. It's going to take a while to get used to him in this mansion.

"Miss Kelly, I will be hosting, a party in the next couple weeks. I have the dates written here with a list of companies I prefer to use for these events." Mr Black spoke as he placed the folder on the bench.

I turned to him and dried my hands on my apron.

"There is also an invite list, you can do the invitations."

"Yes sir." I answered as I picked up the new stack of paper work. I was surprised to see that Mr Black was still standing there.

I raised my eyebrows in a questioning way to him.

"Is everything to your comfort in the unit?"

His question surprised me. "Yes it is Sir. It's perfect."

"Very well. All the rooms will have to be opened and aired and cleaned as well." With that note, my boss turned and left.

I felt my shoulders slump. This place was huge! I guess I will have to get started. I put the paperwork to the side and made my way up to the cleaning closet on the top storey.

The top storey had a balcony that allowed one to see the bottom floor. I went to the first spare bedroom and hurried my way.

I planned on just removing the dust protectors, dusting and wiping down every room today, tomorrow will be walls and windows plus the bathrooms.

That will leave the rest of the week doing my usual jobs of moping and vacuuming plus cooking.

Before I knew it, it was time for me to prepare Mr Blacks dinner. I pulled out a basket from the fridge with fresh vegetables and picked out what one's I wanted to cook with.

Forty minutes later, Mr Black had returned with the empty glass from the drink I had poured him earlier, his dinner on the bench, steam rising from it.

"I did forget to ask you through the interview did you know how to cook."

I looked up at my boss. He looked high and mighty sitting on the bar stool. I heard the dryer ding on finishing a load.

"I do know how to cook. I was taught at a young age." I answered. "I'm sorry about the dryer." I put my head back down to the dishes.

"I'm not concerned over it, Miss Kelly." There were several minutes of silence but I couldn't shake the feeling I was being watched. "You do know there is a dishwasher here?"

"Yes, sir. I prefer to hand wash." I answered as I wiped my hands on my apron.

"Didn't I assign you to a uniform?"

I frowned. A uniform? I shook my head. "No sir, I believe you didn't."

I heard Mr Black hum before eating a forkful of food. "Never mind then." He spoke after swallowing. "But at these event, you are in control of everything. I will need you to wear something, more, professional."

I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear as I nodded. "Absolutely sir." I mumbled out.

Mr Black finished his tea and left his plate on the bench. I picked it up and washed it up and wiped the bench down. I placed all the stools and chairs up on to the table tops as I gave the room a sweep and mop, finishing off my shift for the day.

I went to my unit and went straight for a shower. I swapped the clothes in my washer to dryer and the dirty clothes to the machine.

I had no energy to even heat up a frozen meal and turned all my lights off and went to bed.

Chapter 3 everyone.

So, what do we think? Now they are working together under the same roof.

Last of the triple updates.

Three more chapters will be up and ready next week.

Don't forget to vote and comment

✌🏽