Snowstorm (pt.2)

You quickly flew down to where they landed and slid off Makeshift. Finding the black dragon was easy on the white snow. "Hiccup?! Vali?" You ran to Toothless who's eyes were shut. "Toothless?" You lay your hands on the dragon's head. When he opened them you sighed and smiled down at him then kissing his nose. "Where are they?" Toothless grumbles and opens his wing to show Vali in them, but Hiccup was no where to be seen. "Where's Hiccup!" Toothless looked down at Vali them around trying to find his lost rider. He quickly got up and started to look for him. Vali started to wake up and looked at you. "Ow, my head." Right now you could care less about him. You quickly got to your feet in search of the green eyed boy.

"Hiccup!" You trudged through the deep snow looking for any sigh of him.

"Hiccup!" You started to dig through the snow, desperate to find him.

"Hiccup?" Tears fell from your eyes. "Oh gods, this is all my fault! Hiccup!" You fell to your knees as the snow swirled around you, your hands searched the snow in front of you. They were getting numb quickly. You felt a hand on your shoulder and quickly turned thinking it was Hiccup. "Hiccup?"

"No, just me sweetie." You stared into Vali's eyes. The blue was calming, and warmed your freezing body. "We-we need to find him." You brushed his hand off and turn back. "Where are you going?"

"To find Hiccup."

"You can't! You'll die if you go out there now!" You turned quickly to the other Viking. "He'll die if I don't!" Tears rolled down your cheeks at the thought of Hiccup being dead. Vali gave you a sorrowful look. "(Y/n), the storms getting worst we need to leave!" You felt his grip on you arm as he pulled you forcefully to the nearby cave. "No stop! Please! Let me go!" You fought against Vali as he pulled you into the cave. "Stop it." You felt weaker and weaker but the second and dropped to the ground. Vali sighed. "(Y/n), Hiccup wouldn't want you to risk your life for him. He would want you to be safe."

"No! You just want him dead!" More tears rolled down your face as you shook from the cold. You weren't sure if you really meant it or not at the moment. Vali's arms wrapped around you picking you up from the snow. You find yourself entering the cave and feeling slightly warmer from the wind being gone.

Looking around you see Makeshift entering the cave with Toothless. Toothless looked sad without his rider present. All your energy was gone as you looked out to the thickening snow outside. With the last bit of energy you had, you curled up and sobbed. Hiccup couldn't make it in weather like this. He would freeze to dead!

"Please, Vali. We have to find Hiccup. I-I can't do this without him, please." Vali looked out into the storm then sighed. "Stay here. I'll be back." With that said you watched as he left the cave and walked into the storm. Makeshift came over and nudged you. You turned and looked at her giving her a gentle pat. "This is all my fault." Tears welled up behind your eyes again as you longed for Hiccup. What if Vali didn't come back either? You would be alone. Just like when you were 8 years old.

The tears roll down your face again, and you feel Makeshift wrap her warm body around you. The warmth made you feel better, but you still felt like someone was stabbing your heart. Toothless joined Makeshift and wrapped around you as well. "I'm so sorry, Toothless." The Night Fury crooned sadly and nuzzled you as if to say, "it's ok." You smiled and hugged the dragon.

As the minutes passed, the storm slowly got worst. Your crying had stopped knowing what Hiccup would say. "Don't want to freak out the baby." You whisper to yourself. Footsteps coming into the cave forced your eyes open. "Hiccup?"

"Sorry sweetie, just me." You sat back letting the fear settle back down inside you. Vali seemed to be out of breath and watched you for a while, while his breathing got back to normal. "(Y/n), I couldn't find him. Even when I called his name, no one answered. I think he's dead." Your body froze at the words.