21- Rose Hill, TN

December only got worse.

I was awoken one morning to my phone ringing loudly. It yanked me out of my sleep. I rolled over in my bed and grabbed my phone off my nightstand, answering it and putting it on speakerphone.

"Agent Stark." I greeted since I see who was calling me. I threw my arm over my eyes as Jarvis rolled up the shades on my window. I had slept at the tower last night because Matt had called and told me that he was going to be working late. I didn't mine and even offered to help him out with his vigilanting but he told me to just stay at the tower.

"I'm going to ignore that and go straight to the point. Happy's in the hospital." Tony's voice wavered on the other side of the phone call. I sat up in bed, holding the phone.

"What? Why?" I ask as information pops up in front of me. Various newspaper articles about an attack on the Chinese Theater in Los Angeles. I scan the text quickly as Tony talks again.

"He was at the attack at the theater. He's banged up pretty bad." Tony sighs as I move the information around so I can see the pictures of the attack. The explosion was so hot that the charred remains of people were on the walls, looking like eerie shadows. I swallowed hard, suddenly wide awake.

"Bomb?" I ask, getting up off the bed, the information following me. I grab the phone as I walk around the room. I know the Tony's stay in Malibu hadn't been the easiest. He freaked out in a restaurant because of a little kid. Rhodey said it looked like a panic attack and Jarvis told me that it was.

"You've heard of the Mandarin right?" He asks as the man he is speaking off's image appears on screen.

"I have. He's been doing all those bombings right? Nine of them in total?" I respond and Tony groans. The public only knew about three, but because of SHIELD I get more information than Tony would be able to get.

"You knew about all nine? Shit. Well there's no bomb casing. No device." He feeds me the information I already know. That's when the clip of Tony threatening the Mandarin pops up on the screen.

"You threatened the Mandarin? Jesus Christ, Anthony why didn't you tell me earlier?" I ask as I run a hand through my hair. All of these had happened earlier this morning. I'm such a bad sister.

"He hurt Happy-"

"You couldn't call me last night about Happy? Do you want me to come out there? Because I'm started to thing I should." I walk out of my bedroom, planning on heading to the lab.

"I'm sorry I should've called and no. You need to stay in Nee York just in case something happens over there, okay? Jarvis will have the crime scene things and everything you need in the lab okay? You just stay in New York and stay safe." His voice sounds nervous. There's something big he isn't telling me.

"Anthony, tell me what you aren't saying." I try to push, but I can hear a doorbell ringing in the background.

"I gotta go. I love you, okay?" He hangs up before I can say anything.

That's the last thing my brother says to me.

-

Presumed dead.

My brother, Anthony Edward Stark, is presumed dead. If dead, he would have been killed by the Mandarin. Killed in his own home too.

He isn't dead and no I'm not just being overly confident. Jarvis managed to pull him out of the ocean in time so he wouldn't die and he flew the suit with Tony inside all the way to Tennessee. That's exactly where I was headed at the moment. Before Jarvis had let me know that Tony was still alive, I had been crying at news broadcast that Bruce had been watching when I got downstairs after the phone call. I watched the missiles fly into the house because they had to fucking replay it in order to talk about his "death". After a ten minute breakdown and Jarvis telling me where Tony was, I quickly put a bag together. I grabbed my usual suit, as well as the new suit I had been developing with both Tony and Bruce.