Additional Scene 1

Puck

Dinner was ready, and Sean was still out in the stables with Corr.  I knew that Sean would stay there with him all day and night if someone wasn't there to make him take a break to eat and rest, so I went to seek him out.

Sean had followed through with his intentions to move back to his father's house on the northern cliffs after the races.  I walked the distance from the house to the stables, only big enough for four stalls.  In one of the stalls, was the broodmare that George Holly had left behind, with a reminder to Sean that he was promised a red colt if he won Corr.  In the stall beside her was Dove, contentedly eating expensive hay, becoming comfortable in the new environment she visited so often.  Across the aisle, the wall between the remaining stalls had been taken out, creating a space worthy of the sizable Capaill Uisca.  This was where Corr resided, and Sean as well most of the time.  Corr stood restlessly, uncomfortably, favouring his broken leg and looking out of the small window at the view of the cliffs and the ocean beyond. 

Sean sat on a stool towards the edge of the stall.  He sat hunched forward, his head buried in his hands, looking defeated.  Corr noticed my presence then and turned his head toward me, eying me for a moment before turning back to his cliff top view.  Sean still hadn't moved.  I carefully opened the door to the stall and slipped in, making sure to shut it tight behind me.  I quietly walked over to Sean and stood beside him.  It tore me apart to see him so dispirited.  Following through with my desire to comfort him, I moved around behind him and put my arms around his shoulders, leaning into his back.  My head rested between his shoulder blades, and I could feel his ragged breaths beneath me, filled with barely-contained emotion.  He slowly removed one of his hands from his face and laid it over top of one of mine.  I don't know how long we stayed like that, only that dinner was cold by the time we walked back to the house, hand in hand.