Chapter Fifty Two

I thought about chopping this chapter into two, but figured I owed you guys a long chapter since it took me so long to update lol anyways, enjoy babies 💕

Isaac's POV

It's been over a month now since I've killed Verdino's men, and to this day he still hasn't retaliated, it's starting to drive my father, myself, and everyone else mad. What the fuck could he possibly be waiting for. I knew for a fact that one of those three guys was close to Axel, like Dion and I close, meaning that had to have hurt, meaning he was bound to want revenge, so what the fuck was taking him so long.

Verdino was impetuous though, he was unpredictable, you never really knew what he was up too, or what he would even do for the matter of fact. He was gonna hit me when I least expected it, and I sure as hell wanted to be ready, I didn't want him to have the upper hand. I made sure the girls, meaning my girl, Angela, and even Sophie, always had some type of protection around them. Angela's dad eventually fired my pops men and got his own team for his daughter. Hailey on the other hand was a different story.

Apparently Verdino fancied my girlfriend, and that bothered me even more. I couldn't decide if Axel was actually interested in Hailey to just get back at me and aggravate me, or if he was just trying to use her to get to me, either way I didn't like the idea that they were acquainted.

Hailey knew nothing of the protection I had watching over her, I made sure that the guys were always discreet and distant, the less she knew the better. Plus if they were around like with Ang and Soph, she wasn't the only one who I would have to explain myself too. David didn't like me enough as it is, I didn't want to give him another reason to hate me, not that he needed anymore.

My parents and I were currently over at Dion's house for dinner tonight. Mr and Mrs. Ricci wanted to show they're gratitude towards my father for helping them out with the whole Dion situation and decided to prepare him a warm home cooked dinner, and pops never turns down a home cooked dinner, it was one of his many weaknesses, along with an expensive bottle of scotch that he just so happened to bring tonight. Pops hasn't really drank since the whole incident that happened at home, so I guess we'll see how tonight goes.

I doubt that he'll get drunk though, I'm sure he'll have a glass or two, but that's about it. My mother had officially moved back in about five days ago, so I highly doubt my dad would do something to jeopardize the progress he's made with ma. Even though my mom was living back in the house, she still wasn't sleeping in the same bed with my dad, she was currently staying in the guest bedroom my dad would usually stay in, but to everyone else they were still the happy go couple that everyone envied.

Thanks to Jerry, my dads top of the line lawyer, Dion was officially off of house arrest as of yesterday. The Ricci family ended up paying Marco's family off, the poor kid Dion had beat up at school, and they dropped the charges. Jerry had managed to drop some of Dion's charges, the only one that was left was his battery, but after a few thousands Marco's suddenly had amnesia, and no one else was speaking up about the beating therefore there wasn't enough evidence to keep Dion on his ankle bracelet.

Dion and I were down in his basement playing on his PS4 while dinner continued to be made. Things were finally starting to go back to normal, for once in my life I didn't have any drama going around and it felt damn good if I'm being honest. My dad hadn't sent me out on any jobs because apparently I started falling behind on some school work and I've been trying to pick up my grades ever since. I didn't mind it though, this gave me more time to spend with Hailey, I wasn't constantly out of town, coming home late when the rest of the world was asleep.

Tonight was my first night in nine days that I was gonna go handle a job for my dad, and I only agreed to it because of who I would be going with, Fonzy. After weeks and weeks of trying to get back into the family my dad finally cracked and let Fonz back in. This was gonna be his first job since my pops let him back in, my dad being my dad didn't trust him fully yet and asked if I could accompany him, seeing how it was the weekend and I didn't mind, I didn't have anything else to do.