Chapter Seventeen ~ Dip-Twad

Longest update ever, I know.

And this isn't edited because my editor refused to edit... So bear with me.

Currently being edited!
-HowlingTigerHorse

Ava Chance.

Slowly and with a grunt of frustration, I sat up. Of course there was someone at the door for me when I am looking my absolute worst; bed-head, no makeup, and sleep in my eyes.

Peering a daring look at myself in the mirror, I quickly regretted it because my hair now resembled a lion's dirty mane, my eyes were red and puffy, and not to mention my acne was currently spreading like wildfire all over my face, down my neck and towards my chest.

Without wasting another minute, I flattened my hair and splashed water on my face before successfully running down the stairs without falling.

"Who is it?" I whispered to my grandmother once I had turned the corner into the kitchen - away from the doorway.

"A boy," she smirked, before sipping from a glass of water in her flowery gardening gloves.

"Yeah I got that part," I rolled my eyes at her sarcastically.

"Oh shush, you, and go talk to the boy," she urged all while rolling her eyes back to me. Like grandmother, like granddaughter.

I nodded my head, following orders, but not before sticking my tongue out at her.

Now I wasn't sure who was on the other side of the door but I had a pretty good idea, so very stealth-like, I poked my head around the corner, only to find, well only to find a boy standing there.

Just like grandma said: a boy.

Or more like an overly-possessive boyfriend instead.

Milo stood there, dressed in orange and yellow plaid khaki shorts, as well as an orange polo tee. His hair was attempted to have been sleeked back but some of his bangs were now falling down onto his forehead and into his eyes. Not to mention, his shoes with long socks deal was...unexplainable.

Then my brain decided to work. Why was Milo here?

How does everyone know where I live?

Why am I not running while screaming stalker right now?

Abort mission, I repeat, abort missio-

"Ava, I know you're right there," he chuckled, with a hint of annoyance in his voice - but that could've just been me.

"Oh!" I laughed nervously as I awkwardly walked from my hiding place. "Milo! Didn't see you there! Have you lost weight?"

He raised an unamused brow at me, which by the way was as thick as a caterpillar. I hate caterpillars.

"Um, anyways, I wanted to come down here to see if you-"

"No," I turned down, without even batting a lash. Pat on the back for Ava.

"But-"

"Right now isn't exactly a good time," I smiled sheepishly.

"I can see that." He was referring to how I looked, and at the same time my jaw dropped. "Just listen to me for a second, okay? That's all I ask."

Still stunned at what he'd said earlier, I stayed silent and he took that as his Que. to continue.

"You've already set me straight, I get that and right now, quite frankly I don't care. All I came here for before I was oh-so-rudely interrupted-" He glared harshly at me. "-was because of our English assignment. It's due in three days and I've never been - and don't plan on ever being - late with an assignment."