★ Chapter 58: Brothers ★

Sans put his toothbrush back in place and dried himself off with a small towel after brushing his teeth.

He stared at his reflection in the mirror.

Grillby had already gone off to work under the assurance Sans would call as soon as he felt even the slightest of discomfort and prohibited Sans from working until he noticed any sign of improvement in health.

Sans sighed feeling shameful.

He could figuratively feel a lump in his throat, as small, shiny, prickling tears outlined the edge of his eye sockets.

He felt like he was a weight to carry.

Constant in and out of hospitals, his attitude at times, his laziness, and his lack of effort into his health did this to him.

Sans took a deep breath and wiped his tears away.

He had to maintain himself calm.

Grillby would be here soon anyway, he did cut his shift at work short for him.

Sans would only be alone for about five hours under Papyrus' surveillance for half of the time.

Papyrus had applied to go to a College nearby and had an interview later that day.

Sans felt so proud of his brother and sometimes even jealous that he had had the great experience of going to school, unlike him, whom had always been homeschooled.

Slipping his blue hoodie on, the short skeleton made his way downstairs, where his brother was cooking some oatmeal.

Papyrus wore an orange, long sleeved button up shirt under his olive colored coat, and a pair dress pants to match with.

"looking good, bro." Sans complimented, taking a seat next to his brother at the kitchen counter.

"THANK YOU SANS! HOW ARE YOU FEELING, BROTHER?" Papyrus asked, taking another scoop of his favorite oatmeal.

Papyrus loved making spaghetti, but it didn't necessarily meant he loved eating it.

He preferred oatmeal by a large scale.

"i'm fine. i feel normal." Sans grinned, taking a spoonful from Papyrus' oatmeal.

"mmm... this is pretty good."

"OF COURSE IT IS! I MADE IT!" Papyrus proudly bragged, making his iconic heroic pose.

Sans chuckled, and took another spoonful.

"DO YOU WANT ME TO MAKE YOU SOME REALLY QUICK?" Papyrus offered.

Sans shook his head.

"nah, i'm good, paps. i'm not that hungry." He kindly refused the offer.

Papyrus squinted his eyes at Sans and pointed his spoon at him.

"YOU'RE LYING!" He accused playfully.

"i swear i'm not, haha." Sans chuckled, gently pushing Papyrus' spoon to the side.

"EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT, YOU NEED TO EAT BREAKFAST! IT'S CRUCIAL TO YOUR OWN HEALTH!" Papyrus insisted, getting on his feet.

"papyrus, i am not—"

"I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT, SANS! YOU NEED BREAKFAST, NYEHEHE!" Papyrus interrupted before running off into the kitchen.

Sans groaned in defeat and then laughed softly.

Boy did his brother care for him a lot.

The short skeleton sighed as he fiddled with his sleeves, waiting for his younger brother to come back.