Never Have I Ever

"Why do you always make so much? Everyone is bringing food too you know," Vincent whines as he carries Mrs. Miller's baked, crusted chicken breasts in one arm and a massive load of sliders I made. Meanwhile, I only had to hold onto my tiramisu.

"The more the merrier!" I reply.

"I think that saying refers to people, not food."

"That's what you think," I argue.

I press on the door bell and Luke immediately swings it open. Inside, everyone else has already arrived, including my friends. The coffee table isn't able to hold up the large spread of food, so some are placed on a table cloth on the ground, looking like an indoor picnic.

"Woah, Wendy. That's a lot of food," he gasps.

"Well, Vincent brought the chicken," I explain and Vincent and I step inside.

Their home is modest and cozy. Being the only kids, their parents seem to coddle them. The walls were so covered in family pictures that it was hard to tell its color. The bookshelf was filled with so many award, each framed no matter how insignificant. A lot of them were from elementary that was related to Logan being well-behaved and quiet while Luke was awarded with being the most 'energetic' for participation. Though, they did excel in sport, no surprise.

Ally sits in Carson's lap at the corner of the couch while she chats with Olivia. Meanwhile Evelyn tries to teach Logan how to braid with Vivian's hair, who was trying to hold in her panic every time Logan created a tangled clump.

The bathroom opens and Maddy steps out, which I didn't expect to be here. I guess Vincent must've invited her.

To my surprise, Vincent asks, "What are you doing here?"

"Luke invited me. We're sorta going out now," she replies, earnestly waiting for a reply.

"Oh, cool," Vincent shrugs before looking for a place to put down the food.

"Hey, Luke. It's cool that I invited Grayson, right?" I ask.

"No problem," he smiles.

"You're alright with it, Vincent?"

"Yeah, sure," he replies unconvincingly.

"Come here."

I place the tiramisu on the couch and lead Vincent to the kitchen. Positioning him in front of me, I firmly hold his hands and look him directly in the eye.

"You're my priority you know."

"What do you mean?" Vincent wrinkles his brows.

"I care for you the most. But, I don't want to hurt other people's feelings. So, just cause I'm nice to someone doesn't mean I prioritize them over you. You're my priority," I assure Vincent, gripping his hands harder as I spoke.

"I'm sorry for being immature the other day," he frowns.

"It's okay. I was too when I saw Maddy in your room."

"Is that why you left without saying anything?"

"Um..."

"You're ridiculous," Vincent smirks, pulling me into his chest and wrapping his arms tightly around me. Resting his chin on my head, he whispers, "You're the only woman I see in the universe."

"Cliche much?" I scoff but furiously blushing.

"Yeah, but it did the trick," Vincent says confidently, satisfied with having flustered me.

Vincent pulls his head away and I tilt my face up. We stared at each other wordlessly. Both of our chests seemed to puff up, as if something was ready to escape out of it.