Reiner ━ Sparring Is Boring

EDITED

You looked at your sparring partner, Reiner. He was busy flexing his muscles while you just continued to roll your eyes. When you finally got tired of waiting, you fixed your position into a fighting stance.

He looks at you curiously and smirks. He finally gets into a fighting stance as well. Seeing as you are glued to your place, he makes his first move by advancing toward you. Immediately catching on to his tactic, you take a step to your right and he trips at your sudden absence.

He quickly gets up and charges at you again. This time, you step to your left and he is stopped in his tracks. You take advantage of the situation and quickly kick his shin, sending him to land on his back with a grunt escaping his lips.

"Why is sparring with you sooo boring?" You tease, yawning.

"One more round." He says, standing up again.

Unfortunately, nothing new changed. It's the same sequence all over again. You step to your side once more and he misses your figure by an inch. At this point, he still hasn't laid a finger on you. You grow bored as it continues. Finally having enough, you extend a hand out to stop him.

"That's it, I'm heading back." You walk away and leave him behind.

O ══════════════════ O

"(Y/n)! Wanna be sparring partners?" Eren asks, panting.

"Sure." You agree.

Both of you spar for a while. However, even Eren leaves you unamused as you defeat him for the third time in a row.

Everyone now gathers to watch your fight with Eren and they cheer each time you make a move against him, maybe except for Mikasa.

"Eren, do you want to stop?" You ask as you notice his nose was starting to bleed.

"No." Eren bluntly replies, wanting to get as much practice as he could.

The fight goes on yet not a single tap on you. You notice Eren growing weary and you help him up, stopping him and telling him to rest. After a while, he leaves with Armin and Mikasa despite his protests. Trainees slowly disperse from the training grounds as it starts to get dark. You sit on the ground and hope to get a few more punches and kicks with a dummy.

"Can we spar again?" You look up to see Reiner, smirking.

You raise a brow, not expecting him to stay back.

"If I get bored, I'm never sparring with you again." You sigh teasingly and get up.

You fix yourself into a fighting stance again and he does the same. You stand there, waiting for him to make the first move like he usually does, but he remains still. Deciding he isn't going to charge in like before, you make the first move.

You run toward him, noticing he is eyeing you carefully. Once you are within arm's reach, he spins swiftly so your back faces him. Before you could turn to face him, he pins you down on the ground. Your hands are placed on either side of your head. His grip is strong as you squiggle from underneath him, but his knees on each side of your hips prevent you from escaping him.

"W-What? How?" You ask in utter disbelief, not wanting to accept defeat just yet.

"So, is sparring still boring for you?" He asks.

"With you? Yes." You reply even if you don't mean it.

He smirks and leans down, making you panic.

Suddenly, you feel something warm press lightly against your cheek. He gently pulls away, loving the blush and shocked reaction you're giving him.

"Tell me when you change your mind." He says, getting off of you.

As he turns to leave, you sit up. Your hand shakily reaches for the cheek he kissed and you feel it grow warmer. You gulp lightly.

Maybe sparring with Reiner isn't so boring after all.