Empty hearts have empty homes.

There was silence between Lilah and Dr. Crane.

Mistress of Fear? What does that even mean?

 Looking out the passenger side window, Lilah took in the corrupted city; no one had bothered to look for her. Not even Jim Gordon, the one man she swore to herself would find her. She wanted revenge. Revenge on the city and it's people for tainting her father's name- for allowing Gotham to fall to criminals and slime like her stepfather. The only person she really wanted to see right now was Mercious. He would have been looking for her, there was no one else that Lilah loved more than Mercious and she had always believed that whenever she got into trouble, he would be there to save the day- but deep down inside she knew that it was nothing more than a beautiful lie to keep her already cracked mind intact. Hilariously, she was almost certain that her time at Arkham had made her more sane and had opened her eyes to what the world and Gotham were really like. For that, she could thank Crane. But that didn't mean that she no longer wanted to see him die screaming.

Looking over at the doctor, her stomach turned, the more time she spent with him it seemed the less she wanted to see him die. In fact, the thought of him dying was becoming harder and harder to think of, to the point where she had begun feeling sick by the thought. She had grown to, in some sick, twisted way admire him. He was intelligent and cunning, two traits that have clearly served him well whilst working with whoever Ra's al Ghul was. 

"How much further, Crane?" She asked grimly, her patience was running thin. Just because she admired him didn't mean that she trusted him. 

"I would prefer it if you called me Jonathan." He replied. Once again, there was a brief silence between Lilah and.... Jonathan. 

"What... did you mean when you said I was going to be your 'Mistress of Fear'?" Lilah asked. Smiling to himself, Jonathan shrugged his shoulders, 

"I assure you that when the time comes, you will understand." He said. Coming to a slow stop, Lilah's brown eyes found a small wooden house with a thin, rusty gate surrounding it. 

"You live here... Jonathan?" She asked. Jonathan nodded, 

"You could say that I suppose." Opening the door, Jonathan climbed out into the rain, which had become heavier in the time that passed. Lilah followed his lead, holding his jacket over her head in a feeble attempt to shield herself as she followed Jonathan inside. The living room was bare, only holding the necessary things in order to be even called a living room; an old couch sat in front of a small television in the centre of the room and an old coffee table sat between them, holding a large number of what Lilah guessed to be patient files. After further exploring of the house, she learnt that it only had a single bedroom (where she would be staying) a bathroom, toilet, kitchen which was also the dinning room and of course the living room. Each room was bare including Jonathan's room which had a double bed with two dressing tables either side of it, a small cupboard and a copy of 'The Legend of Sleepy Hollow' by Washington Irving, that sat on the left dressing table. 

"Where will you be sleeping?" Lilah asked, her eyes wondering over Jonathan's room. 

"The couch, I presume." He replied softly. 

"Wouldn't it make sense for me to go home then?" She muttered, drawing a glare from Jonathan who once again shut down her request to return home. 

"I've told you. You're staying here with me." He repeated for about the hundredth time. Lilah once again examined her surroundings.

"This place is so... empty." She mused, her eyes still roaming. 

"I barely spend time here. So it doesn't matter." Jonathan shrugged stepping past her and picking up 'The Legend of Sleepy Hollow'. Lilah followed him with her eyes, she had made it her mission to always keep her eyes on Jonathan. At any point this could all turn out to be a trap.