7.

He was saying something. Mr Black was talking directly to me. But I wasn't comprehending it.

I shook my head. "I'm sorry, what?"

"Do you want some food or not?"

I looked at the bag in his hand. "Chinese?"

"Yes, Miss Kelly, Chinese."

"I'm confused. I just walked out of the kitchen from cleaning that mess."

Mr Black frowned slightly. "Uh, yeah. About thirty minutes ago."

"Uh." What the hell did I do for thirty minutes? Surely not just staring in to the freezer.

"So..."

I focused on Mr Black again.

"It's cold out here."

"Oh right." I stepped away from the door and let my boss in. He looked around quickly before placing the bag on the table.

"Why isn't your fireplace lit?" Mr Black asked. "No wonder it's cold."

"I don't like to have that lit. It might cause a fire." I stuttered.

"Come back to the main house, it's warmer there."

I groaned. "Fine. But I'm not working. I've finished for the night." I shrugged on my jacket. He was right. My place is freezing. I went and turned my heater off.

I followed Mr Black back through the back door and was slightly surprised that we went through the kitchen, then the dining, heading to his office.

Mr Black opened the door for me and I was welcomed in to a room full of heat. I looked over and saw his fireplace roaring to life.

"Ha ha." I smiled.

Mr Black shrugged. "Told you it makes a difference."

I peeled my jacket off and slung it over the couch. Mr Black placed the food on the coffee table and pulled out the boxes.

My mouth was watering. I sat on the three seater sofa and snatched up a box. "Where's the forks?" I asked, eyeing the contents on the table.

Mr Black snapped something and handed it to me. "Chopsticks."

Uh, okay...

I didn't care, I dug in. The flavour bursted in my mouth as I don't think I chewed, just swallowed.

It was good Chinese.

I lifted my fifth mouthful, half way to my mouth when Mr Black spoke.

"So, Montana. I never really pictured you as a Montana."

I looked at my food then placed it back in to the box. "What did you picture me as then?"

Mr Black shrugged. This is the first time I've seen him casual. Not uptight. I don't know if I like it. I certainly don't feel relaxed.

"Something shorter, like Gwen."

I played with the noodles in the box. A small smile on my face. "You looked that up."

"What?"

Now the ball was in my court. I sat back, holding the box of noodles. "You looked at my file to see my name."

Mr Black frowned. "No."

I nodded my head. "Yes. Montana is not any easy name to remember."

Mr Black ignored me as he peeked inside another box of food. I gave him mine and picked up the lemon chicken.